USB file transfer

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Hebephrene

USB file transfer

Post by Hebephrene »

I am using MM 4.1.20 1864 and have been successfully transferring songs to my Samsung Galaxy 7 for a year or so. But I recently had to endure a factory reset and now I get an error message that we are having trouble with the USB connection, nor does the phone appear under Send to. I have been through this before but have forgotten how to trouble shoot this issue. Thanks,
Lowlander

Re: USB file transfer

Post by Lowlander »

Do you mean the MTP frozen message? 4.1.24 is the current release.
Hebephrene

Post by Hebephrene »

When I go to Tools/Options/Portable Devices I see both the Galaxy Samsung 7 and Card listed, but since I have done a factory reset it is as if the phone is new. Should I delete or uncheck those boxes and then try and re establish them? And if so, how? As I said the error message indicates a difficulty making contact via USB
Hebephrene

Post by Hebephrene »

Still wondering why I can no longer transfer MM songs to my phone since the factor reset. I am using the latest version of MM and have been transferring happily for years but now the error message says that MM is unable to establish a connection with the phone through USB. Nor does the phone appear as an option under "Send to" Help.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Make sure that device is set to MTP for the USB connection and that Windows sees it. See: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... tion-fails