Can I burn at 320kbps ?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

spaceballzz

Can I burn at 320kbps ?

Post by spaceballzz »

I need to burn around 100 CD's.

On my PC the files are mostly 320kbps but in the burn wizard I can't see any option to change the burn bitrate, I don't want them to come out any less than 320kbps.

Is it already set this way or do I have to change something ?

I'm using media monkey 4.1 on Windows 7.
Peke

Re: Can I burn at 320kbps ?

Post by Peke »

Hi,
You can't change bitrate of Data CDs as MM burn them in original format. Why do you need to burn that much CDs, I found that it is cheaper to by external HDD and copy them over?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
spaceballzz

Post by spaceballzz »

It's for DJing.

I have an enormous collection of CD's from years ago but most of it is rubbish, I've ripped all the good stuff to my PC and now I'm burning them again so I only have the stuff I still want.

I'm burning audio CD's, around 12 tracks per disc. Is MM just using the same bitrate as the files are on my PC ?

I loaded the mp3 files and the newly burned CD into the player and they sound identical so I'm guessing the burn bitrate is the same.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Audio CD's are locked at 44.100khz by 16 Bit of RAW data. This is not a user setting, you can only set bitrate for data CD's.
freedomfries323

Post by freedomfries323 »

Which is going to be plenty of resolution for your 320k mp3s... Don't CDJ's use mp3's now???
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Forget about plastic discs and go digital. Optical discs are almost dead.
And when you go digital, go lossless. Storage is not an issue these days.

But either way, whether you choose lossy or lossless, digital music is your best option.
killick

Post by killick »

Not sure if I follow this. If you are burning CDs in their native format they will be converted from mp3 as Lowlander says. High ('CD') quality on the CD, but another conversion step with some (maybe negligible) loss of quality.

If you *copy* the mp3s they will be exactly as ripped. And you can put 30-ish songs on a CD.

But I DJ tango and ballroom and I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than go back to CDs. There's nothing like having access to all 40k cuts I have ripped - originally to mp3-360k, nowadays to flac - when someone asks for something odd. (You want to hear 'Sway'? Buble, or Pussycat Dolls? Certainly not the Stones version. Rosemary Clooney? Got it.)