"Searching..." notification: Log ID C6EK2YH3X [#15831]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

TroubleClef

"Searching..." notification: Log ID C6EK2YH3X [#15831]

Post by TroubleClef »

MMA version 1.3.5.0858

I get a "searching..." notification on my Galaxy S9 homescreen with this new version of MMA. The notification seems to come and go throughout the day and doesn't seem to have a connection to whether music is playing or not, or if MMA is active or in the background.

This notification is independent of the "preparing" notification that started appearing a few versions back, which appears after a reboot of the phone.
MMW Gold Lifetime user

MMA beta tester
maggerbee

Re: "Searching..." notification: Log ID C6EK2YH3X

Post by maggerbee »

I get this same thing. It's been going on for awhile now. I assume it's searching for new tracks? But, why so often and why when not even active or open?
Ben425

Post by Ben425 »

It happens all the time on my galaxy note 8, too.

It's distracting so I turned the mediamonkey icon notification off, but I still don't want Mediamonkey wasting my phone's data or resources with a seemingly pointless recurring task.

What's the explanation for this feature?
oblivioncth

Post by oblivioncth »

I'll try to get a log at some point but I also experience this.
Last edited by oblivioncth on Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
TroubleClef

Post by TroubleClef »

Ben425 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:12 am It happens all the time on my galaxy note 8, too.

It's distracting so I turned the mediamonkey icon notification off, but I still don't want Mediamonkey wasting my phone's data or resources with a seemingly pointless recurring task.

What's the explanation for this feature?
I tried turning off the notifications, but aside from not actually stopping the task, I also lost the player widget so that's not a good option...

I hope this will be addressed in the next version.
MMW Gold Lifetime user

MMA beta tester
ScottieB

Post by ScottieB »

I'm having this problem too, note 9 android 9. Searching... Pops up in notifications regularly, regardless of whether music is playing or not. It seems to use battery although not a ton. Overnight my battery went from 100% to 92%, with the phone untouched. Previously it would get to maybe 97% overnight. I don't remember seeing this before, only change was a fresh install of my pc system software. Reinstalled MMA a few times but the problem persists. Everything else is completely normal.
ggibby

Post by ggibby »

Same here, Pixel 3a, same version/symptoms as everybody else...
andyvee

Post by andyvee »

Same here, OP6 Android Pie
JZUAN3DANG
maggerbee

Post by maggerbee »

Honestly for a paid app, someone from MediaMonkey should have at least responded to this post already.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Searching .... = Google Media Scanner is scanning new tracks and updates and MMA is "Searching for updates"

Note on Oreo, Pie you can under App info -> Notifications you can select what notifications will be shown.

As for log it it shows exactly that.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
TroubleClef

Post by TroubleClef »

Peke wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:21 am Hi,
Searching .... = Google Media Scanner is scanning new tracks and updates and MMA is "Searching for updates"

Note on Oreo, Pie you can under App info -> Notifications you can select what notifications will be shown.

As for log it it shows exactly that.

Why did this just start with the last MMA update?

Also, I could maybe see Android doing a scan after a sync or at some regular interval, but why constant searching when there is no new tracks and when the app isn't even being used??
MMW Gold Lifetime user

MMA beta tester
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I am not observing that I see searching for a second when I receive media file on phone as I added download folder to scan. But that was also before last update.

Please send LOGs while MMA is searching... few times separated by 10-15 Minutes so that we can see what is going on and hopefully catch what triggers it.
Best regards,
Peke
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

I get a lot of "searching..." notifications too recently, sometimes just a minute or 2 apart and I haven't added any new tracks or even opened MMA. It's the MM icon that appears in the notification bar and disappears after a couple of seconds. Will try and grab a log.
TroubleClef

Post by TroubleClef »

Peke wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:33 pm Hi,
I am not observing that I see searching for a second when I receive media file on phone as I added download folder to scan. But that was also before last update.

Please send LOGs while MMA is searching... few times separated by 10-15 Minutes so that we can see what is going on and hopefully catch what triggers it.
Did you check the log I sent at beginning of this thread? It can be hard to catch with a log because the notification constantly appearing and disappearing.
MMW Gold Lifetime user

MMA beta tester
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I do not have all tools for deep analyze of logs, thus I asked for more logs to increase statistical chance and to catch pattern why it happens to you.
Best regards,
Peke