[SOLVED] "Smart" sync to iPhone?

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

TonyGeeee

[SOLVED] "Smart" sync to iPhone?

Post by TonyGeeee »

I have a large playlist that I use with my iPhone. I thought after the initial sync, subsequent syncs would be "smart", i.e., rather than just re-syncing all playlist songs, MM would scan my iPhone and only sync changes. Instead, it seems that MM syncs the entire playlist every single time I sync the device. Is this the way MM is designed? If so, are there any plans to make syncing smarter? Syncing a 30K playlist takes around 12 hours. Would make more sense to only sync playlist changes with the device. Thanks. --Tony
Peke

Re: "Smart" sync to iPhone?

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I tested on My iPod touch with few hundred tracks and it synced only tracks that were new not all. Are you sure that youhave not selected Delete Non Selected content and MMW deletes all tracks from device prior to sync?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
TonyGeeee

Post by TonyGeeee »

Hi Pavle. Thanks for your reply. I looked all around the options/menus and did not find the option to which you refer. Sorry to be so lame, but could you guide me to where that option is in MM? Thank you. --Tony
Peke

Post by Peke »

Best regards,
Peke
TonyGeeee

Post by TonyGeeee »

Peke - Thanks for the roadmap to that setting...my brain seems to have gone on summer vacation. I did a small playlist test similar to what you did. If I set the device to auto-sync when connected and sync only the test playlist, the "smart" sync works fine. Previously, I was not auto-syncing; I was right-clicking on a playlist in the tree on the left and choosing "send to [iPhone]". Doing it that way still causes all playlist items to be copied to the iPhone even if they already exist there. So, I'm going to assume that I need to use the process that you outlined for things to work better. Thanks again. --Tony
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Sending Manually tracks to Device always copy tracks to device like in any other app when you use copy.

Glad we sorted this out.

Happy Monkeying!
Best regards,
Peke