[SOLVED] MMA Duplicate Entries after Sync

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

tbmatthews

[SOLVED] MMA Duplicate Entries after Sync

Post by tbmatthews »

I cannot figure out why I am getting duplicate entries of everything after I sync my Samsung Galaxy S7 with MMW. I sync to my SD Card and I get one true link to the actual mp3 and one dead link. This is happening on both the tracks and the playlists.

After sync I get the following two library references with the files paths:

/Storage/0050-COCO/Music/[ArtistName]/[Album]/[TrackName.mp3] --> This is a dead library reference
0050-COCO:Music/[ArtistName]/[Album]/[TrackName.mp3] --> This is the playable library reference

When I re-sync and add and remove playlists, it seems to be adding and removing correctly with the exception of adding new duplicates for the newly sync'd music. I have re-installed MMA and tried changing just about every option/preference I can think of and I cannot get it to stop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Lowlander

Re: MMA Duplicate Entries after Sync

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMA, MMW and Android?
rusty

Post by rusty »

p.s. if you're already running MMA 1.3.0.694 / MMW 4.1.15/4.1.16 then please also share a debug log with us. i.e.
Do a wi-fi sync for a playlist with 1 file
Go to Menu > About MediaMonkey > Send logs and note the log ID
Send the log and post the ID to this thread.

Thanks!

-Rusty
JulieEdwards

Duplicate Ghost Tracks and Album Art not showing

Post by JulieEdwards »

I am also having the same issue and would love a solution. This is driving me absolutely crazy. I feel like all I've done for 2 days is copy 13k files, format cards, try to sync, delete MMA, start over several times and everytime I have everything duplicated with ghost tracks.
Please help if you can,
thank you,
Julie
JulieEdwards

Post by JulieEdwards »

Was there a solution to this problem? I'm having the same issue. Greyed out duplicates of everything. I've reinstalled, formatted, and re-synced about 7 times over the last two days and I"m about ready to give up. This shouldn't be so hard.
Thanks,
Julie
Skullneck

Post by Skullneck »

So what is recommendation to fix this? Every song on my phone shows a greyed out duplicated.
I'm running MMA 1.3.2.0824.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Right after you notice new duplication send a debug log from About and open a Support Ticket with the logID. They're aware of this occurring for some, but more debug logs would be helpful.
andytij

Post by andytij »

I'm also getting this issue, was there ever a solution?

I just spent two days syncing my collection to a new card in my phone, it seemed to error just after I went to bed or went out. Looks like all the audio is there once but items are in the database twice
OilTrader

Post by OilTrader »

Is there aby update on this? I can't stand duplicates in a playlist, and for three days I've been removing them, but I still have a long way to go to get thru all my lists. This should be an easy fix.....
poogchomp

Post by poogchomp »

Hi guys. I know this thread is months old but I found a solution and hope this will work for everyone else. I, like you, had every single track on my phone duplicated and grayed out. With 13000 tracks, this was extremely stressful at first. But what I did was clicked the 3 dots in the corner>options>choose library folders, and if the problem you have is the same one I did, you will see a folder with the same path as the grayed out files (for me it was 00-0000 or something) which is also gray. Hit the trash button to revoke its access to your library, and all the duplicates should vanish.
erlebc

Post by erlebc »

Poogchomp, you are a beautiful Human Being. I never would have stumbled upon that fix, and it did remove 99% of my duplicates. I found a few, but overall, it's a nice thing to have all those duplicates gone. Thanks for publishing your find. I bet it helps many.
SummitPlot

Re: [SOLVED] MMA Duplicate Entries after Sync

Post by SummitPlot »

I've spent the past six months trying to fix the same problem, even with one-on-one help from MediaMonkey support. With 23,000 music tracks, everything just took a long time. But I think I have finally got things working right. I'm not sure if there was just one lucky fix but here's some things I did until it all worked.

1) Don't use USB sync, use WI-FI.
2) Be very patient - it takes a long time to complete syncs, scans, deletions, etc when first cleaning things up.
3) Consider MMW (MediaMonkey on your Windows PC) as your base. Fix everything there before even thinking about syncing. For example, I never add new content to MMA (MediaMonkey on my Android phone).
4) Spend a long time cleaning up your files on your PC Music folder and your MMW database. And I mean a lot of time, especially when you have 1,000s of tracks.

CLEAN UP MMW FIRST.
Run the various clean-up tools on MMW. (This will take hours and hours, if not days.) The object is to have a perfectly clean and consistent set of files, tags and library. On the left of MMW, expand Music, go to Files to Edit, then run through each of the sub-tasks, most importantly
Unknown Title
Unknown Artist
Unknown Album
Unknown Genre
Dead Links
Unorganised files (really key!)
Unsynchronized Tags (really really really key!)
Duplicate content (really key)

Do all this at least twice. (The second time should be quicker.) Run autoscan and triple check that the library looks "correct".

PUT SD CARD IN ORDER
Once you're sure your music files and MMW library on your PC are absolutely clean and consistent, make a direct copy via Windows File Explorer of your PC's Music folder onto the phone's SD card where there must not be any other music files. To make life easier, take the SD card out of the phone and connect directly to PC. (MediaMonkey not involved here.)

Then use the program WinMerge (or something similar) to compare the Music folder on your PC with the Music folder on the SD card. Ideally, all files should be the same on both sides although WinMerge may say the song files aren't identical but this probably reflects different time stamps on the files. Just make sure there's not missing files on either side. If there are, copy or delete whichever way will fix things. This applies to Album Art files as well. Re-run Winmerge to double-check.

Once the two Music folders are identical, run MMW's autoscan again. Now the MMW Music library should be "perfect".

IT'S TIME TO SYNC!
Put the SD card back in the phone and fire up MMA. (No connection to your PC yet.) Let MMA's circle away for a very, very long time, probably overnight if you have 10s of thousands of tracks. Take a look at MMA's library to see if it generally looks like MMW's library.

Now go to MMW and under tools, select Options, then go down to Portable Sync Device. Select your SD card and choose Configure.

On The Summary tab, make sure only "Grant remote sync/access rights" is checked. (You can check the others when you're confident things are working OK.)

On the Auto-Sync to Device tab, check all the relevant boxes under Collections. Leave unchecked "Sync random subset" but do check "Delete other files and playlists from the device" as well as "Confirm deletion."

On the Auto-Sync to Library tab, uncheck "Auto-sync new files and playlists". Like I said before, I'm only adding content via MMW, not MMA. Down at the bottom, I've checked "Auto-sync file metadata from the device to the PC." This is so MMW captures my changed ratings as I listen to music on MMA.

Fingers crossed, you should be ready to Auto-Sync now. Take a deep breath, make sure MMW is up and running, go to MMA (which is NOT connected to the PC via USB) and hit Sync! Let it run its course, don't interrupt.

And good luck!