UNDO! (ctrl-Z)

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

kvon

UNDO! (ctrl-Z)

Post by kvon »

The scenario is - I'm editing a playlist. The intention is to delete a song from the list. But I don't notice which panel has the focus, and instead delete the whole playlist. This appears to be not recoverable. What a drag. Is there a way to recover, or do we need the UNDO? Thanks.

Update: Now to add insult to injury - I recreated the playlist but accidentally made it a child node under another playlist. So now I go to delete it (this time on purpose), and THIS TIME it asks me if I'm sure I want to delete it!!!! Why didn't it do that when I accidentally removed it with the delete key? Seems to me, that's the simple fix right there.
Lowlander

Re: UNDO! (ctrl-Z)

Post by Lowlander »

You can drag & drop the Playlist to move it to a different node or the Playlist root.
kvon

Post by kvon »

Played around with this some, I think I misunderstood the current behavior.

When you delete the playlist, it does prompt you with "are you sure...". The problem (for me) was - the default selection is YES, so if you hit enter without looking (as I did) your list is gone. I think generally, the standard to apply here is to make the "safe" selection the default (i.e. NO). So that's my first wish-list request - to change the default selection on that popup to NO.

Second, the undo function (ctrl-z) is pretty standard in Windows apps, and I would suggest that in this case we have an appropriate and useful application for it. Sure would be nice to be able to UNDO that unintended playlist delete.

Thanks,
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

So that's my first wish-list request - to change the default selection on that popup to NO.

MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
kvon

Post by kvon »

Thanks Erwin, that looked promising but not what I'm looking for - that option determines whether the confirmation appears or not. What I'm asking for is that the default option on that popup be set to NO rather than YES.
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

That's your wish? I agree with you.

MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation