Installing old iTunes library onto Android

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Phototaker

Installing old iTunes library onto Android

Post by Phototaker »

While looking through my old backup music CD's I came across an old ITunes library that had been made about a dozen years ago & consisted of a couple of thousand old tracks that I had ripped from my CD's

If I put MediaMonkey onto either my Android Tablet or phone or both for that matter with your app am I likely to find that it works or would I just be wasting my time?

I haven't tried opening the library yet but I would not me surprised to find that there is data missing like album covers etc?

If you think I should try do I just install your app & try opening it using Android device?

Thanks in advance
Lowlander

Re: Installing old iTunes library onto Android

Post by Lowlander »

Trying is free, predicting the outcome is hard.
Phototaker

Post by Phototaker »

I obviously asked the question on almost the exact worst day ever since I see that iTunes as it was before is ceasing to exist.

Coincidentally I also just found an old nano media player that had been forgotten about as I haven't seen it for years.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

iTunes isn't gone yet. And if you own the files DRM free there is no dependence on any particular program.
Phototaker

Post by Phototaker »

I'm guessing that there is quite some difference between the MM gold PC & android versions because there is a large price difference based upon what the Play store displays. What are the differences?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

They are complete different software for different platforms. MMW is MediaMonkey for Windows: https://www.mediamonkey.com/information/gold/ and MMA is MediaMonkey for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... amonkeypro

To manage your media you'd currently need MMW as MMA relies on MMW for tagging of files.
Phototaker

Post by Phototaker »

Thanks for that info. I knew that there must have been an explanation.
Phototaker

Post by Phototaker »

I finally had the time to download the program & have tried to install it but have already run into a problem & not surprisingly it start with iTunes.

The program appears to me installed OK but iTunes isn't & therefore can't import ITunes XML library.

I have done a little checking & even though I have a couple of programs telling me that there program is still installed the program won't open. I You can no longer download a new version of iTunes but I came across an downloaded file which won't run because it tells me I already have a newer version installed. So it appears that at this moment iTunes won't run,install or get deleted. And I need to have iTunes going just so that it can export the XML file.

Don't you just love computers?

Any ideas as to what to do?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can still download iTunes: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... Pod.2FiPad

iTunes, so far, is only being discontinued in the new MAC OS.

Have you tried uninstalling iTunes from Windows Apps if the latest version (above) fails to install?
Phototaker

Post by Phototaker »

I finally got iTunes installed again or reinstalled I'm not sure what happened. That was the good news.

The bad is that I still can't get MMW to open up/connect to the iTunes library. I did get it to saw that it imported about 100 tracks & it listed them unfortunately when I clicked on the first track it didn't find it & then did the same thing for the second,third etc.

MMW still isn't connecting to the iTunes library file so once again I'm stuck.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Latest iTunes versions do not automatically export library to MMW readable file. You need to set that manually in iTunes.

Here is what search found https://www.google.com/search?q=export+ ... 8&oe=utf-8
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Phototaker

Post by Phototaker »

I finally had time to have another go at getting MediaMonkey up an running.

The good news is that the program opened & I was able to point it at the iTunes library.

The bad news is that the right hand panel of media displays a list of song tracks it doesn't stop & at anyone of them it just keeps scrolling down.

Can I fix this? And if so how?