Detailed Song Info Panel v1.21 (Updated 31 May 2006)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

abrazor

Post by abrazor »

Exactly the same for me when I use the dockable version. Falbum required.
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

hmm, must have forgoten something.
I will check it. sorry about the mess
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

No need to apologise - my first dockable panel took ages to get all the bugs out - they're a bit of a nightmare to create (although nice to use when they work!)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

my first dockable panel took ages to get all the bugs out - they're a bit of a nightmare to create
Huuuughhh, what's happening guys? :lol:
I find them almost as simple as normal forms/panels.
Anyway, Jiri posted an example somewhere, but there are also other scripts that already implement it.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The problem is showing/hiding them. I found that using the example code, I was getting duplicate buttons on my forms because it was rerunning the code that creates them. I found ways round it, but maybe I just wasn't using the form properly.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

I have updated the code of the script and i think that now it will work as a dockable panel.
Lets hope that I am right... :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT
It seems that i wasnt right after all. But thanks to Trixmoto who located a rather stupid (:oops: :oops:) but well hidden error panel should work like a charm now....

Here is the link
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Loving the new version. Had to make a small tweak (as per email) but now it's working like a dream! The dockable panel makes this a script I will use all the time! :)
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Very slick, nice work!

Edit:
A couple ideas/suggestions:

- Make the 'next # tracks' section hideable like the other sections.
- Last.FM and wiki sections! (all music is another good idea too) :)
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Nice work!

I just tested the docked version script and I have 2 requests (for now):
- Please, when the OnPlay event fires, only update the web page content, instead of reloading (relocating) it. The easiest way would be just calling ViewInfo method in the webpage when the OnPlay event fires. For one: this is better coding; for two: then there will be no "navigate" click sound.
- Please load the previous expanded/collapsed state (for the different sections on the panel) when the panel is first created. I is superanoying that this is reset everytime on OnPlay, and I would like it to stay the same between MM sessions too.

Cheers
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
gab

Post by gab »

psyxonova - great feature for mm. is there a way to change the background color of the panel? thanks.
gab

Post by gab »

I keep getting the error: Object Required 'itm'. Line: 173 Char: 2

Any ideas?
gab

Post by gab »

I don't know if this is related to the error I am receiving (previous post) hower the powermenu is not working with mm (doesn't show up in context menu). It works with other programs however.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

I keep getting the error: Object Required 'itm'. Line: 173 Char: 2
This should only happen when no song is in the "now playing" list and when no song has already been played during that MM session.

To resolve it:
Edit the file "SongInfo.htm" from MediaMonkey's scripts folder (normally C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts) preferably in NotePad.
Go to line 162 (Ctrl+G) or search for "Set itm = SDB.Player.CurrentSong" (without the quotes).
Just after that line, add a new line "If itm Is Nothing Then Exit Sub" (without the quotes) and save the file.
It should be something like this now:

Code: Select all

Set itm = SDB.Player.CurrentSong
If itm Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
Set playlist = SDB.Player.CurrentSongList
To reload the (now fixed) page, click on the "Detailed Song Info Panel" panel within MediaMonkey and press F5. From now on, you shouldn't get that error ever again.

This error is not related with the fact that "powermenu" doesn't work on the MediaMonkey program. But I don't know why it (apparently) doesn't work.
gab

Post by gab »

Thanks Steegy - that worked great. Two other questions on this script:

(1) Is it possible to change the background color of the pane
(2) Is there a way to toggle the information between what's an item that's playing and an item that's selected (similar to album art pane in mm)?

Thanks for the help
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

(1): Yes. In the beginning of the file "SongInfo.htm", there are some css style specifications. You can change the "background-color"'s to what you want (e.g. by color name: "background-color: green;" or by hex value: "background-color: #c5c5c5;")
(2): You'll have to ask that to Psyxonova as he's the one that makes the script.