Android Auto & MediaMonkey

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

SeeVee

Re: Android Auto & MediaMonkey

Post by SeeVee »

If you are complaining about a product that you purchased and it is not working properly then you are not. That is what happens when you sell to the public and it should be fully anticipated by any company, large or small.
oblivioncth

Post by oblivioncth »

SeeVee wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:29 pm If you are complaining about a product that you purchased and it is not working properly then you are not. That is what happens when you sell to the public and it should be fully anticipated by any company, large or small.
I was trying to be nice, but yes you are completely correct.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
You are both correct. As I have Android Headunit in Car so AA and MMA works locally on same unit like if you are started it on phone, so I do not see any issues.

I'll see if I can go to car rent or ask few of my friends to lent me a car for testing.

Can you please send MMA logs (write down LOG ids here) after each view of pictures sent here https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 34#p456034 (except maybe in Dash pic) so that we see what MMA receive and sent to AA in the car?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
SeeVee

Post by SeeVee »

I will get you some logs in a moment. I will post with the time I sent if I cannot get the log file names.
SeeVee

Post by SeeVee »

Log ID: SL3SSSY3GI
Peke

Post by Peke »

SeeVee wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:52 pm Log ID: SL3SSSY3GI
Is referring to which picture state of https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 34#p456034 and will you do the rest states.

To elaborate I would like to have all the infos what MMA receive and what it sends back to AA.
Best regards,
Peke
SeeVee

Post by SeeVee »

that log is for the music screen. I will however get the others for you as well.
SeeVee

Post by SeeVee »

My vehicle is a 2018 Jeep so the gauge cluster does not show cover art but it is not supposed to on my particular vehicle. The navigation screen does show cover art with the drop down atop the screen and when in other AA apps on my infotainment system. Only screen not showing cover art in my vehicle is the actual media money music screen.

see logs for drop down activity: HWCSWA5AEK
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

Hi
the issue is tracked at https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15544
It will be fixed in the next beta build 1.3.4.0850
SeeVee

Post by SeeVee »

OK, thanks!
oblivioncth

Post by oblivioncth »

martin.bohac wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:07 am Hi
the issue is tracked at https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15544
It will be fixed in the next beta build 1.3.4.0850
Eyy. Nice. I will post logs if for some reason the fix ends up not working. My situation is the same as everyone else on this thread where the albumn art works in the homescreen and drop down preview and only doesnt qork in the fullscreen view of MM on the head unit.

@Peke , man I'd kill for one of the headunits that's running AA itself instead of just being a relay for your phone. I'd imagine it would be a lot faster to get up and running after starting the car. The passthrough version works fairly well once it's up and running buts theres a lot of lag for the first minute as everything loads in. And I'm on an S7 Edge! Can't imagine how annoying it is for people with more average hardware.

@SeeVee We did it! We complained enough to get someone to look into the issue haha.
Peke

Post by Peke »

oblivioncth wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:01 pm @Peke , man I'd kill for one of the headunits that's running AA itself instead of just being a relay for your phone. I'd imagine it would be a lot faster to get up and running after starting the car. The passthrough version works fairly well once it's up and running buts theres a lot of lag for the first minute as everything loads in. And I'm on an S7 Edge! Can't imagine how annoying it is for people with more average hardware.
Check https://dasaita.aliexpress.com/store/gr ... 56390.html I have bought and installed 7+ of their devices without single RMA. Only thing you need to be sure what cables you need and be as specific as possible and ask them if there is a way to create unit for you. There are other Manufacturers but I prefer this one as it has good support (unlike other Chinese brands), active XDA Community

More info on compatible devices and manufacturers, most trusted are those that use MTCD/E compatible device https://forum.xda-developers.com/androi ... d-t3734189

As for experience I have Universal Unit customized for my car, and Cold boot takes about 30 Sec, quick boot about 5-7Sec, TPMS, Back Camera, WiFi, 3G(21Mbit DL/7.2Mbit UL), Skype, WhatsUp, AndroidAuto, SMS, Navigation (iGo, Maps, Waze, Sygic), BT to phone, Steering wheel Comands, OK Google (Assistant), ... all works Including MMA. Custom firmwares, ....
Best regards,
Peke
oblivioncth

Post by oblivioncth »

The headunit in my car also reads additional information from the car like error codes and oil level, and is also how you configure a lot of the behavioral settings like how long you want the interior lights to stay on after opening the doors and how you want the unlock request buttons on the doors to function. There are two companies that make headunits specifically for it that can actually read/write these settings but they're interface looks like a design style from ththe mid 2000s and I dont think theres a custom ROM for it.

I appreciate the information and I'll see if maybe there's something that could work, but I'm most likely stuck with the stock headunit. It's really not at all bad, just annoys me that it runs AA from my phone and not on the headunit itself.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Not sure what you are talking about, one that I have sent to you have various number of CanBus decoders so you get all the features and even more in device see for example I installed Toyota RAV4 version Tesla style headunit like this one https://www.dvdgpsnav.com/blog/category/toyota/ the only thing is to check 10 times right canbus and you will get all the info. Once I needed to pay additional 50 USD to get right Canbus, but they eventually sent me TPMS in return on next order as they were wrong in canbus decision.
Best regards,
Peke
bonzo728

Post by bonzo728 »

Like many others, I have been dealing with the missing album art from the music screen when using MediaMonkey and Android Auto. However, upon installing today's Android Auto update, the problem has become worse. Instead of the music screen having a black background with the artist and song title as others have shown in their pictures, now there is just the black background without any information. Has anyone else had this happen to them?