Sync Incomplete [#15479]

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

kmicheal

Sync Incomplete [#15479]

Post by kmicheal »

I am trying to Sync my phone using Wi-Fi to my MMW laptop (my music is on an SD card).

I start the sync and it says it's Initializing - Synchronisation is starting.

This screen disappears an and it says Matching New Files - Checking for New Files.

Than after a few seconds it comes up with a screen: Sync incomplete. and I need to Press OK.

I've seen other people here have this problem but I'm not seeing any answer as to why it happens or what to do about it.

I can connect to the Server and play music from my MMW library using UPnP so I don't think it's a matter of connection. I can also play anything in my MMA library so I don't think there's a problem with the SD card.

Any other ideas as to why I can't get this sync to work? (If I sync via USB from MMW to MMA I have no problems.)
kmicheal

Re: Sync Incomplete

Post by kmicheal »

This is working now.

I started my MMA sync by syncing directly to the SD card since I have a very large collection of music. I then ran the Check for New/Change files in MMA to build the library. (I realise now this wasn't the wisest thing to do because the tags were not properly set on many tracks.)

In order to try and correct the tagging problems, I ran a sync from MMW to MMA only recently via USB.

Since then I can now run a sync from MMA using WiFi.
Mikey1969

Post by Mikey1969 »

I'm having this issue too. Does anyone else have a possible solution? Nothing seems to be working for me.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMA and MMW and assuming you're doing a wifi sync? What amount of files do you have on your device already and how large is your sync list?
Woelfchen

Post by Woelfchen »

I have the same situation here as kmichael. The first synchronization was done via USB (about 17,000 MP3 files) and although it took some time, of course, it worked flawlessly. When trying to sync via Wifi, I get exactly the same messages as kmichael. My MMW version is 4.1.23.1881 (Gold) and MMA is 1.3.3.0842 (Standard).
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Send a debug log from MMA (from About) when you see this and reply here with a logID. It likely is a time-out problem due to the large amount of files being processed.
Woelfchen

Post by Woelfchen »

Thanks Lowlander for replying but I unfortunately do neither know how to produce a debug log nor how to reply with a logID :roll:
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Once something goes wrong, go to Menu (three dots) and About and you send a log. The LogID will show when you send one.
Woelfchen

Post by Woelfchen »

well explained :) log ID is ISIA1BP6TT
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

I see "Synchronization timeout" in your log. So it looks like that response from server did not arrive in a time limit. I will do more test asap.
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

I was able to replicate it on one of my phones, tracked at http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15479
Peke

Re: Sync Incomplete [#15479]

Post by Peke »

This should be fixed in next beta release.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Woelfchen

Post by Woelfchen »

Peke wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:08 pm This should be fixed in next beta release.
Thanks so far. Any idea when it will be out?
olivechicago

Post by olivechicago »

This just started happening to me too after a reinstall

logID: WIIA21KUUY
olivechicago

Post by olivechicago »

Playing with it a bit more, it's working. I'm not sure which of the changes I made was the remedy. I changed the auto-conversion settings, but I also deleted all of the content within the Android "music" folder.

Ran a sync and it worked.