Connection failed

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

AdamLi

Connection failed

Post by AdamLi » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:30 pm

I get often Connection Failed from my MMS to MMW. Is there a quick fix without need to reboot pc?

Lowlander

Re: Connection failed

Post by Lowlander » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:59 pm

Do you mean from MMA? Which version of MMA and MMW?
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

AdamLi

Post by AdamLi » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:37 pm

Lowlander wrote:Do you mean from MMA? Which version of MMA and MMW?
Hi,
Yes, when connecting/sync from mma.
MMA: 1.3.1.0751
MMW: 4.1.20.1864
ususally works after pc reboot but should be unnecessary to do that..
Looks like it accours when idle or away from home for a while. Anyway..

Peep_Jerky

Post by Peep_Jerky » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:51 pm

Having the same problem, Wifi sync is completely broken. Just started in the last few days, wifi sync has been working for me for years until now, and I haven't changed any settings anywhere. On the first try MMA says "connection refused by remote computer", every try after that MMA says "waiting for other processes to finish" until I force close the app and open it again. I checked that my phone is allowed sync access to the library, but the log still says it was denied.

MMW 4.1.20.1864
MMA 1.3.1.0751

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:23 am

Start here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ork-at-all

There are new betas of both MMA and MMW available.

simplynewt

Post by simplynewt » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:34 am

Hello, I am new to MM but liked it enough to become a lifer. But no second guessing it after the issues experienced with syncing and connections. This past weekend I spent most of the time correcting issues caused by the attempts to get my laptop and Note 9 to sync. I have the latest updates for both yet this doesn't seem to work.

As of now, I am away from my laptop and while on my phone, I go to Options and the Sync Settings for Internal Memory or SD Card (it doesn't matter which), I get the spinning circle for awhile and then the message Connection Failed. I have multiple instances of duplicate songs on my phone and some where the codec isn't right and won't play at all.

Can someone help this frustrated newbie out?

dtsig

Post by dtsig » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:47 am

First .. currently the codex are supplied by your device for the time being. What file extensions are you using?

Have you tried rebooting your phone then connect?
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig

simplynewt

Post by simplynewt » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:49 am

I believe the syncing issue is because I am not near my laptop. I have mp3 files with a couple wma files sprinkled in. Haven't tried rebooting but will give it a go. Why is it that I have 2 songs of everything and Music Folders in both the SD Cars and on internal storage? Can I delete the folder in the internal storage or SD card so there would only be one folder?

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:03 am

You need to be on the same network as your computer with MMW to be able to do a wifi sync.

If you have files in both, it is because you synced both profiles. You'll need to setup both independently and you can disable one from syncing. I personally prefer to set this up in MMW under Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync.

purpleturkey

Post by purpleturkey » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:38 am

I'm having the same problem. i've tried everything.Songs will download with a USB just fine.I have MM Pro and MMA on a brand new phone with no extra apps.I bought MM Pro so I could have the lyrics on my Galaxy Orbit 7 ,but since it wont sync to my card the lyrics won't attach. Don't want to lose $50.00,but,,,,, HELP!!!!

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:15 pm

Make sure MMW and MMA are up-to-date (MMW is 4.1.24) and then look here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/ind ... ork-at-all