Export to iTunes library.xml

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Biggus_Dickus

Re: Export to iTunes library.xml

Post by Biggus_Dickus »

Works great. Helps me a lot! 8) Thank you!!!
fvdpol wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:47 am
fvdpol wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:20 pm
Biggus_Dickus wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:48 am Yes. I want to say thank you for this addon, also.
Does anybody know, where playlists begin and ends in xml file. So I could erase them manually. Thought I found start/end markers, but Musicbee gave me an error after importing all songs :-?
The playlists are a separate section within the xml, so should be fairly easy to manually remove....

Initially I did not really understand your use-case for this feature, but now I do understand -- and is is completely different from my personal use-case since I use MediaMonkey to manage the playlists :-)

I logged your feature request in GitHub: https://github.com/fvdpol/MM-ExportITun ... /issues/12
please subscribe to this issue, discuss details en support me with testing once I start working on adding this feature.
Added this feature to the current development version in the 'exclude-playlists-in-export' branch, and tagged it for potential inclusion for the next release.
I added a build of add-on with this new feature to the GitHub issue https://github.com/fvdpol/MM-ExportITun ... /issues/12

Please check with this works for you / is what you are looking for and let me know (preferably as comment on the GitHub issue as that is much easier to keep track of than this forum)
fvdpol

Post by fvdpol »

New version of the Export to iTunes Library.xml add-on has been released today:

Version 1.6.4 - Configuration GUI improvements
  • add feature/option to exclude the playlist section in the generated xml file (feature request #12)
  • add DebugMsg() function and support framework
  • suppress Anti Malware Scan Interface AMSI_ATTRIBUTE_CONTENT_NAME Error 0x80070490
  • resizable Options dialog
  • add file and directory browser in the Options dialog
  • restructure Options dialog, create logical grouping for settings
This release resolves issue #12

Available on: https://github.com/fvdpol/MM-ExportITun ... tag/v1.6.4

or use MediaMonkey Tools->Extensions->Find Updates to update the ExportITunesXML script.

(I also updated the add-on on the MediaMonkey add-on repository, may take a few more days till the moderator approves this.)
Peke

Post by Peke »

Approved.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Sorry, late to the discussion here. All I would like to do is to get my MM Playlists into Plex. I don't care too much about the files (they're already in Plex), but the main challenge is that the Paths are incorrect as Plex resides on my NAS whereas MediaMonkey accesses them through the network. If possible consider features that allow for this type of setup.
fvdpol

Post by fvdpol »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:16 pm Sorry, late to the discussion here. All I would like to do is to get my MM Playlists into Plex. I don't care too much about the files (they're already in Plex), but the main challenge is that the Paths are incorrect as Plex resides on my NAS whereas MediaMonkey accesses them through the network. If possible consider features that allow for this type of setup.
Hi Lowlander,
first off I would like to thank YOU for your many active contributions to the MediaMonkey community!

Did you already have a look at the feature request for the file path modifications/rewrite rules?
I created a proposal including screen mock-up but did not get any feedback yet.
Please discuss on: https://github.com/fvdpol/MM-ExportITun ... /issues/14

I don’t think it is “too late” to discuss; after some more reflection I do agree it would be a valuable addition :wink: I do prefer to bring out smaller incremental updates instead of a big release that incorporate many changes to reduce the risk of breaking things :D

Note that some of the GUI restructuring that is part of last release (1.6.4) was done to make stuff like your request easier/cleaner to integrate.

Looking forward to work with you on this feature for one of the next releases.
Frank
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

An option to replace the first part of the Path would be sufficient, remainder is identical. For me a single replace this with that would work.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

I checked your linked mockup and it looks pretty good.

While in my case I agree with Lowlander regarding the need for only 1 path change, however I can also foresee that other people may have media stored on multiple drives or network locations, and so limiting the path change to a single option would affect those users negatively.

(when I started out collecting music, I had files scattered all over multiple external and internal drives)

I don't think I considered having multiple paths, so your proposed solution is better thought out than my original request.

One thing that is not clear, when you wrote search and replace, in my mind that means you want to do the search/replace as a post-process, where what I was thinking to include the path replacement within the item processing loop (in-process).

ie in the track info export-
- if pathsubst == true
-- for each pathfind
--- if stored file pathdrive = pathfind then set path/drive export to pathreplacement

or something like that, so it should evaluate path before export, perform the path replacement as needed, then export using the specified replacement path.

thanks again for your efforts.
BURJUY

Post by BURJUY »

Is it possible to do manual export.
Could you add please option in setting to change export time.
fvdpol

Post by fvdpol »

BURJUY wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:19 am Is it possible to do manual export.
Could you add please option in setting to change export time.
Standard/default way of working is to manually trigger the export (either via Tools>Scripts>Export to iTunes XML or via toolbar button).

The configuration allows for two additional ways for automatic export; either periodic (every 60 minutes) or at shutdown of MediaMonkey.
BURJUY

Post by BURJUY »

Thankz for help. Where can i change time of periodical export? i want 30 min )
martialartsguy

Post by martialartsguy »

Is this script dead now that iTunes is getting nixed?

I'm trying to keep my Plex playlists updated using an export to iTunes, but wasn't sure if this would do the trick.
MM Gold since 2006
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

iTunes isn't dead:
On June 3, 2019, Apple announced that iTunes will be replaced in macOS Catalina by separate applications for Music, Podcasts, and TV. Finder will also be able to perform the device management capabilities previously contained within iTunes. This increases continuity with iOS, where they are also separate apps. This change will not affect Windows or older macOS versions.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITunes

iTunes will be split in several applications on the new MacOS, that's all that Apple has announced about iTunes so far. Even if Apple would discontinue iTunes altogether, it's a software, it would still work and do the trick in this scenario, you'd just no longer get updates or security fixes.
martialartsguy

Post by martialartsguy »

Thanks Lowlander!

So this script still works to export playlists from MM to iTunes?

That's pretty much the only reason I have iTunes installed - to be a middle man from MM to Plex.
MM Gold since 2006
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I haven't tried recently (on MM5 now), but iTunes is still functional and has not been discontinued on Windows.
jhsmith1183

Post by jhsmith1183 »

I'm new to media monkey. I downloaded this extension hoping to be able to access my playlists in Serato DJ. Is there a tutorial on how to actually use it?