Startup node columns [#15018]

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

patch

Startup node columns [#15018]

Post by patch »

Customised column selection is not implemented at start up.
Re-selecting the play list restores custom column selections.

I prefer to view music in "Show art work with details" with the columns "Artwork", "Summary", "Title", ...

Using Media monkey v4.1.21.1875, Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit

To reproduce the bug
Select a play list
Select "Show art work with details"
Right click on a column heading and choose "Hide this column" or "Choose columns..."
Columns display as expected. ("Artwork", "Summary", "Title", ...)
Quit Media Monkey then restart it
Columns display incorrectly / not as set ie "Artwork", "Title", "Artist", "Album"
Choose a different play list, columns display as set ("Artwork", "Summary", "Title", ...)
Reselect the original playlist, columns display as set ("Artwork", "Summary", "Title", ...)
Sa'Kagé

Showing standard columns when starting the program

Post by Sa'Kagé »

Hello,

as the title says, whenever I start the program, it shows the standard colums for my playlist instead of my custom ones. After i switch to another file list all is fine again.
Occurs with normal version as well as the portable installation. (fresh install)
OS is Win10

It's not a big deal, but still a bit annoying.
Lowlander

Re: Startup node columns

Post by Lowlander »

Ludek

Re: Startup node columns [#15018]

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
I cannot replicate the issue, but based on code review I've fixed a tweak that could cause it.
Could you please try to replace your current MediaMonkey.exe file (located in the install folder of build 4.1.21.1875) by this file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wqfpr9mje8jjm ... y.exe?dl=0
And run it to see whether the issue is resolved?

Thanks!

BTW: Keep in mind that playlists shares the settings with a corresponding collection, so playlist that has set View as : Music (default) shares the columns with Music collection, so please check (by right-clicking the playlist > Edit playlist... ) whether the 'view as' is correctly set.
patch

Post by patch »

Ludek wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:47 am Could you please try...run it to see whether the issue is resolved?
That version of MediaMonkey fixes the above described behaviour for me i.e. the columns displayed on start up are the same as those displayed when selecting a different playlist, both showing user customisation.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Thanks for confirmation, the fix is incorporated to the upcoming build 4.1.22.1877 (to be available shortly)
Peke

Post by Peke »

Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts