Discogs Tagger 5.84 (Updated: 2024-01-03)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

crap_inhuman

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.63 (Updated: 2018-09-07)

Post by crap_inhuman »

sarumomedia wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:00 pm Yes, I've tried that. Even if I go into manual search and enter an artist's name only, I never get any results at all.
That's weird. What do you see after starting the search? If the Addon didn't find any result, it will show an error message.
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

sarumomedia wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:00 pm Yes, I've tried that. Even if I go into manual search and enter an artist's name only, I never get any results at all.
Do you set a filter ?
Metal up your ass !

sarumomedia

Post by sarumomedia »

That was it! Sorry about that. I didn't have a filter set that I thought would always result in no results only in MusicBrainz (I think I had just set a filter for vinyl), but I set everything to no filter set, and that solved my issue. Thanks again for this useful tool.
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

sarumomedia wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:56 pm That was it! Sorry about that. I didn't have a filter set that I thought would always result in no results only in MusicBrainz (I think I had just set a filter for vinyl), but I set everything to no filter set, and that solved my issue. Thanks again for this useful tool.
Great ! I'm happy that we found it !

The filter was only set in Musicbrainz search? Did you see, that a filter for vinyl was set ?

I explain the filter settings, maybe it's not clear:
If the text in the filter box is "No year filter", "No format filter" and so on, then there is no filter set.
You can choose a filter with the drop-down filter box. This will only filter one "year", "format"...
If you use the button "Year filter" you can choose more years/format to filter. If you use this, you have to choose "use year filter" in the drop down filter box.

I hope i explain it right, so everyone understand it :wink:
Metal up your ass !

sarumomedia

Post by sarumomedia »

I think the filter must have been set for Discogs as well, because usually when I switch between Discogs and MusicBrainz it doesn't occur to me to change the filters unless I have a reason to do so. I did see that a filter for vinyl was set, and I think there was another one (probably LP) as well. Thanks for the detailed explanation!
deemutz

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.62 (Updated: 2018-09-06)

Post by deemutz »

crap_inhuman wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:14 am
sarumomedia wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:40 am I recently realized that I never get any search results at all from MusicBrainz. Discogs works fine. I just installed the 5.62 update and tried a MusicBrainz search. I got an error message (error #13, MusicBrainzWebTag.vbs Line 6150, Column 8).
deemutz wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:45 pm
I think i found the bug. I released a new version 5.62

Please update the Addon and give me a feedback, thank you !
still getting error ... Part one of 2 as too long to post, kept getting character limit error :)
Thanks for your feedback. There is a new Version 5.63
Please update and leave me a feedback !
Working great so far. Thank you :)
eroksidjd

Post by eroksidjd »

Hello, first time posting here.. Im having ongoing issues for the last month or so when trying to use the discogs tagger. I keep getting this message:
error #214669 msxml6.dll the system cannot locate the resource specified
file: c/users/media monkey....scripts\discogswebtag.vbs, line 7262, column 1
the next pop up box says
error happened during script execution, the system cannot locate the resource specified..

Then the discogs tagging window pops up blank. I can see the releases in the drop down menu but none of the tagging options appear in the screen.

Ive uninstalled and deleted all the directories in program files as well as appdata and have ran as admin etc but still no luck? im running windows 8 mm 4.1.21.1875 and dt 5.6.3.

Thanks
E
KurtBe

Discogs Tagger 5.63 and Chrome

Post by KurtBe »

Hi, I have tried everything possible to use the tagger.
Somehow, in search of a solution in this forum, I get to understand that the tagger will only work with IE.
I use Chrome. So, must I understand that it cannot work in this case?
(This should be mentioned before installing, so that people like me do not search for 3 days to get the problem sorted... :x )
Please inform IF there is a way to use it with Chrome...

Thanks, Kurt
Last edited by Lowlander on Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
Lowlander

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.63 and Chrome

Post by Lowlander »

There isn't. IE is part of the browser in MediaMonkey as it was standard on all Windows systems, thus all Addons are limited to it. It will be different in MediaMonkey 5.
DJSamhein

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.63 and Chrome

Post by DJSamhein »

KurtBe wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:05 am Hi, I have tried everything possible to use the tagger.
Somehow, in search of a solution in this forum, I get to understand that the tagger will only work with IE.
I use Chrome. So, must I understand that it cannot work in this case?
(This should be mentioned before installing, so that people like me do not search for 3 days to get the problem sorted... :x )
Please inform IF there is a way to use it with Chrome...

Thanks, Kurt
As long as you didn't use an uninstaller, you should still have IE in your machine, even if you don't use it.
That will allow you to use the tagger although you can't open any of the links (since MM tries to open in an actual IE window and IE/windows don't let it do that anymore).

However, you can use an addon to open links with Chrome. It's what I did. Basically, you just right-click the link and select a new option that shows as "Open with Chrome".
It's not immediately easy to use, though. What I did is install a 3rd party addon to IE called "Open with Firefox" (there isn't one for Chrome) and then I opened the script file it uses and switched Firefox with Chrome.

An easier alternative for this, of course, is to simply right-click and select "Copy link address", which you can then paste into Chrome.
cinque

Post by cinque »

eroksidjd wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:33 am Hello, first time posting here.. Im having ongoing issues for the last month or so when trying to use the discogs tagger. I keep getting this message:
error #214669 msxml6.dll the system cannot locate the resource specified
file: c/users/media monkey....scripts\discogswebtag.vbs, line 7262, column 1
the next pop up box says
error happened during script execution, the system cannot locate the resource specified..

Then the discogs tagging window pops up blank. I can see the releases in the drop down menu but none of the tagging options appear in the screen.

Ive uninstalled and deleted all the directories in program files as well as appdata and have ran as admin etc but still no luck? im running windows 8 mm 4.1.21.1875 and dt 5.6.3.

Thanks
E
Same issue here - running Windows 7. Any fix yet?
LexxyT

Post by LexxyT »

When using the tagger I cannot get it to add the cover art. All the other details will auto add but the front cover refuses to work. It just adds a blank cover image. Weird thing is that if there are other images available (clicking on more images button) I can select one and it adds it to the file perfectly. It's only the Front cover art that will not cooperate. Any suggestions?
RuudDB

Post by RuudDB »

LexxyT wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:19 am When using the tagger I cannot get it to add the cover art. All the other details will auto add but the front cover refuses to work. It just adds a blank cover image. Weird thing is that if there are other images available (clicking on more images button) I can select one and it adds it to the file perfectly. It's only the Front cover art that will not cooperate. Any suggestions?
Glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem. It worked fine until recently. Hope someone knows a solution or it gets fixed in an update.
Deadcool

Post by Deadcool »

I was using the Discogs Tagger 5.6.3 yesterday with no problem. Yesterday the Discogs plugin was working, but today I get "Server does not understand the format of the request" no matter what folder I select fro Tag From Web. Musicbrainz seems to work (without album art). I tried closing / reopening MM but Discogs appears to be dead... ?
Deadcool

Post by Deadcool »

Deadcool wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:24 pm I was using the Discogs Tagger 5.6.3 yesterday with no problem. Yesterday the Discogs plugin was working, but today I get "Server does not understand the format of the request" no matter what folder I select fro Tag From Web. Musicbrainz seems to work (without album art). I tried closing / reopening MM but Discogs appears to be dead... ?
Hmmm... I looked in my musicmonkey.ini file and found the DiscogsAutoTagWeb section and noticed that

username=

was blank. I filled that in with my Discogs username and re-launched MM and now it appears to be working. I don't think I ever had anything in that field before so is this coincidence?