Customizing MediaMonkey Layout?[#2915]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

HAL Lives

Customizing MediaMonkey Layout?[#2915]

Post by HAL Lives »

Hello All

I've only just started to play with the free version of Media Monkey, one immediate turn-off is the layout... is there a way to move the Player from the bottom of the screen to the top, under the tool bars?

Also, sorting by Artist Name... for instance "Between Interval" sorts under "B," but "Steve Roach" should sort under "R," and not "S" which is currently what's happening.

I downloaded MusicBee last week; practically every element of the interface is customizable, and when you're tagging your files there's a separate "Sort" field.

I imported a number of Flac files that had been created and tagged in MusicBee, but MediaMonkey ignores the "Sort" data, is there a way 'round this?

Thanks
Paul
Lowlander

Re: Customizing MediaMonkey Layout?

Post by Lowlander »

1) You can drag & drop the Player around the interface.

2) This is not possible, but it has been requested: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=2915

Post by Guest »

Thanks Lowlander... dragging and dropping was the first thing I tried and it didn't work, I also Right-clicked to see if there was a context sensitive menu, but there's nothing there about moving any of the interface elements.

I'm using v 4.1.17.1840 on a Win7 Pro 64Bit system, with the Metro M skin.

Thanks
Paul
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It works just fine here (MetroMonkey_Light skin).
HAL Lives

Post by HAL Lives »

Thanks for the help Lowlander, but I think I'll be staying with MusicBee, as I mentioned, practically every element of the interface is configurable out of the box.

And the lack of the "Sort" function is a major ding for me - I live in my playlists set to "Album View" - and from the notes it doesn't look as if the functionality will be added any time soon.
jiri

Post by jiri »

re. customization - you might want to check out MM5 (currently alpha), it offers some interesting customization features, and more is coming. And, under the hoods, it's super-customizable thanks to its open-source UI implementation in HTML/JS.

re. Sort by fields - while some users wanted it in the past, it never seemed to be that much required. However, seems to be a good idea to add it, we'll try to get it either to MM5 or 5.1.

Jiri
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

HAL Lives wrote:dragging and dropping was the first thing I tried and it didn't work
Yeah, it can be a bit sensitive. I almost always have good luck when when grabbing on to an area around the far left of it (corners maybe).
Placing it can be fairly tricky as well. Move it around patiently, slowly in the desired area at top.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
AmazingChicken

Related: Sudden Layout Issues

Post by AmazingChicken »

Greetings,
I've been using MM off and on for many (!) years and in the past two months (not as active as once was) noticed that the app's menu bar has disappeared. Also, last time I used the app I used the mini-player - now I have no player in main space when I open the app, and no mini-player, either.

The last time this happened, I WIN-Removed the app and re-installed it. Today, I went to WIN settings to remove MM and got no response when I tried (I checked, nothing running).

I have ...a lot... of titles in my library and I'd really rather not spend the two days re-indexing my NAS. Is there something obvious I'm missing here, or are things in as big a mess as it seems? Any help would be much appreciated, to get MM back in fighting form. Thanks in advance.
johnb
_______
"Wisdom does not always come with age.
Sometimes age comes alone."
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You may have disabled the Main Menu as well as the Player (under Main Menu > View).

Alt+V should reveal the View menu and allow you to enable both. If that fails you can do an interface reset (your Library remains untouched): http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... o-defaults
AmazingChicken

Post by AmazingChicken »

Aha! I did not realize, the new tabs layout conceals the file menu... if I click to the left of the displayed tab, the menu appears. Very space-economical, but not wholly intuitive (to me at least)

All is well now, many thanks for the quick reply.
johnb
_______
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It doesn't. You can set the Main Menu to auto-hide, but by default it is shown.
AmazingChicken

Post by AmazingChicken »

Interesting, Lowlander, I'm looking in the Options for this and cannot locate. I see the 'Hide Menu Bar' in Party Mode, but not General-ly elsewhere... as I mentioned it is not a problem for me since I know how to make it display but could you point me to where the setting is?

Thanks thanks thanks. Thanks.
johnb
_______
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

In the Main Menu under View > Main Menu Bar.