delete dialog has changed

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

GMikeW

delete dialog has changed

Post by GMikeW »

I've always appreciated the delete dialog in MM. Sometimes I want the files preserved, but out of the database (soundbites, ringtones, home movies, etc) but other times I want the file deleted (hated song plays on random). For some reason, that dialog has gone and is replaced by "Are you sure you want to delete 1 file?" which leaves me afraid to delete anything because I don't know what's happening. I reinstalled MM, but it's still there. Is there some setting I mistakenly hit that I can undo to get the old dialog back? Thanks for any help.
AlanH

Re: delete dialog has changed

Post by AlanH »

Hi, it should be in Tools/ Options/ Confirmations
GMikeW

Post by GMikeW »

Thanks for the reply. I did find that under options, and everything is checked. I still get the simple, no choices dialog.
AlanH

Post by AlanH »

Hi, the only time I have seen that behaviour is if I'm in the My computer Node in the media tree.

I would suggest unticking it, restarting and then re-enable but I doubt it would do much good, I;m sure someone with more knowledge than me will be along soon to help you out.

which version are you using
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It does sound like you're in the My Computer node in which case you get the Windows prompt for deleting files. In the Library nodes you'll get the normal MediaMonkey delete prompt.
GMikeW

Post by GMikeW »

You guys are great! That's exactly right. I was in the My Computer node trying to clean up some files. I'll do this in the "music" node instead. Thanks!