Deleting songs from MMA

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Clevelandkid

Deleting songs from MMA

Post by Clevelandkid »

I have noticed that a few tracks in my mma on my phone are not the correct songs as titled.
I went into my MMW and deleted the tracks and re-entered the correct tracks and synced to the MMA on my Phone, but the tracks are still incorrect.

I have tried to delete those songs in MMA but have not been able to
Is there a true way to permantly delete these tracks so I can re-enter them.?

Regards,
CK
Peke

Re: Deleting songs from MMA

Post by Peke »

Hi,
you made small mistake that you deleted tracks in MMW, instead of deleting you should only correct metadata and resync which will correct it in MMA also. This way you only added duplicates or left original tracks.

I deleted tracks in MMA and device without any problems by long tap on track to select it and then select delete. Note, I used tracks browser to do that.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

By default files deleted from MMW aren't deleted from the synced device on sync as only Library files are removed if not selected to be synced. Changing the delete option to deleting all media files not on sync list will delete the files in your scenario and select the new copy (if selected to be synced).
Clevelandkid

Post by Clevelandkid »

The suggestion made by Peke about long tap on the track and then tapping the delete option for some reason is not working with my device.
Being new to things like metadata and the properties of music files and the information contained within, I guess I was under the impression that every time I would Sync my MMW on my Desktop to the MMA on my device ( Phone ) , MMA would then be updated to what was on the Library on the MMW ( desktop). In other words , all the tracks on MMA would automatically refresh or renew to whatever tracks were on, or no longer on, the MMW library each time I would Sync. Sort of a real time Update to the MMA
I guess this would be the most simplest straight foreword way to keep the device continuously updated to what was added to or deleted from what I refer to as the "Master library" driving the MMA device.

Is there a way to set the MMW and MMA so that every time I Sync. MMW to MMA, It would totally refresh (Update) the Tracks in MMA to what tracks were deleted in MMW and what tracks were added in MMW ?
If not, I am unsure on how to set what tracks to Sync and what tracks not to Sync. for each time I update my music library. ( I didn't even know the option existed.) Is there is a column on the Music Library screen that I can set up besides Title, Artist, Album, Year, File etc..to notify which track will sync and which will not ? As I am just trying keep my MMW and MMA in duplicate with each Sync that I do.

Thanks for all your help !
Regards,
CK
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That's how it works. However for files deleted from MMW you need to change the default delete option to all media files in the Device Profile as by default it only deletes Library files not on the sync list (and as files were deleted they're not in the Library anymore).

As for new files, make sure they're on the sync list. If you select a Collection or AutoPlaylist and the new files belong to those that would be the case (Genre would work the same way, as long as the new files match the Criteria of any of those selections).

Files deleted in MMA won't (and can't) be deleted from MMW on sync. This is to prevent accidental loss of files.
Clevelandkid

Post by Clevelandkid »

Hi,

"For files deleted from MMW you need to change the default delete option to all media files in the Device Profile as by default it only deletes Library files not on the sync list"

I tried by going to "Tools","Options", and "Portable Device Sync" on MMW ,found the device but when I click on the "configure" button , nothing happens.

Any suggestions on how to get to the the sync list option ?

Or go back to MMA and again try to delete tracks from there, which so far is is not working .

Maybe I could have all the library tracks deleted off my phone and then do a Sync from MMW like it was the very first sync? However there are some duplicate tracks on my MMW that I would have to clean up first. Otherwise I am kind of in the same mess.

Thanks , CK
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you select the Device Profile before clicking Configure? You can also double click on the Device Profile.
Clevelandkid

Post by Clevelandkid »

Hello Lowlander,

Well, I found the device profile and you were correct by double clicking on my listed device and then "configure" which took me to a window marked "Device Profile: Galaxy Core Prime-Card" ( which I suppose means the SD card in my phone where all the Music is.
I then clicked the Auto-Sync (-->Device) (I hope that was correct .) Upon clicking on " "music " on the "Collections" box, I found a field called " Delete Other Files and playlists from the device:" and selected "All Other media Files" instead of the default value of " Unselected Library Files" which it was set to . and then clicked "OK "

Am I any closer to having MediaMonkey make it so MMA would automatically refresh or renew to whatever tracks were on, or no longer on, the MMW library each time I would Sync. Sort of a real time Update to the MMA ?

Regards, CK
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, when set to All Media Files MediaMonkey will also delete files not in MMW anymore. Note that there will be a prompt to delete files so you can verify it's deleting what it should before the files are removed.
Clevelandkid

Post by Clevelandkid »

Thanks Lowlander,

Where and when exactly does this Prompt appear ?
Would I receive this message when I go to Sync? Would it appear on the MMW side ? or on my Phone MMA side ?

Thanks for your guidance.
CK
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It would happen when you start sync and it would happen where you sync. So for wifi sync on MMA, for USB sync on MMW.
Clevelandkid

Post by Clevelandkid »

Thanks lowlander !
It looks to be working . I will continue to "clean up" my library, knowing that it is also now doing the same on my phone.

By the Way , I am a Gold lifetime member and just upgraded to the latest version of MMW on my desktop. The Version of MMA on my Phone is 1.3.1.0751 standard, which I believe was maybe from the google APP. Should I be also upgrading this as well ?
I want the keep both in perfect Sync.

Regards, CK
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'm not sure where they're at with the latest MMA stable release. You should be fine with that in most cases as newer releases would be betas. Generally newest final release of each or newest beta of each is the best approach.