Library sync on MMA from USB

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Nola Circuit

Library sync on MMA from USB

Post by Nola Circuit »

Greetings,

Long time user/lurker. I have searched the forums, but can't find exactly what I am having trouble with. I have an ATOTO M4 Head Unit that I have installed MM Pro on. I have a 64G USB Flash drive running from my glovebox to the back of the unit. I loaded a bunch of music (tagged and organized by MMW) onto the USB using the "Send to --> Sync" method.

I can't for the life of me get MMA to read the USB and add the info to the library. From what I can tell there is no option to point MMA to the USB and tell it to look for files in that location. The "sync" option always looks for a server to sync to which I have not set-up, and it wouldn't do much good since I don't have constant network access on the Head Unit. There is limited internal storage on the Head Unit, so being able to use the flash drive is the most ideal scenario.

FWIW: I installed VLC on the Head Unit, and it specifically asked to look in all the storage locations for Media to add to the library. One of my friends has the A6 version of the Head Unit and he had the same issue, and has since just gone with the Android Play App to read from his USB.

Thanks All,

Nola Circuit
-No guaranteed accuracy, no promised updates, no planned support.
Lowlander

Re: Library sync on MMA from USB

Post by Lowlander »

Options > Choose Library folders doesn't see it?
Nola Circuit

Post by Nola Circuit »

It sees the external device and I can select the entire drive, or even just the music folder. MM seems to hang at that point, I assumed it was scanning. After about 45 minutes, I travel a bit for work, I switched to another app then back to MM and was able to move through the app again. Unfortunately the MM library was still empty.

For testing purposes I copied a few folders to both the internal storage and SD card on the Head Unit. MM immediately recognized those files.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Send a debug log (from About screen) a few a minute after initiating scanning and open a Support Ticket with the logID.

Can you play files from the drive using Folders in MMA to navigate to it?
Nola Circuit

Post by Nola Circuit »

Thanks Lowlander. I think I sent the log.

ID TVWJNPQTTE.

When I try to play tracks using the "Folders" option, I can navigate to the tracks, but only get 1 second of playback and then silence. The play counter keeps increasing as if the track is still playing.
Nola Circuit

Library sync on MMA from USB log: TVWJNPQTTE

Post by Nola Circuit »

Issues with USB and Library scanning on Android Car Stereo.

I have an existing thread going with Lowlander here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 26&t=90036
MMW Verison: 4.1.19.1859
MMA Version: 1.3.1.0751

The issue I am having is that I have a 64G flash drive attached to an ATOTO M4 (Android 4.4 I believe) Head Unit. I can select the entire drive and/or the Music folder as a library folder. The files on the flash drive were added in MMW using the "Send to --> Sync" option. MMA sees the flash drive, but nothing is added to the Library when it is selected. I have tested with internal storage and an micro SD card. In both of those cases MMA does add files to the Library. Navigating using the "Folders" method as suggested, MMA does see the tracks, but selecting one literally only plays for 1 second and then audio cuts out, but the track progress bar continues to count up.
Nola Circuit

Library sync on MMA from USB log: TVWJNPQTTE

Post by Nola Circuit »

Issues with USB and Library scanning on Android Car Stereo.

I have an existing thread going with Lowlander here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 26&t=90036
MMW Verison: 4.1.19.1859
MMA Version: 1.3.1.0751

The issue I am having is that I have a 64G flash drive attached to an ATOTO M4 (Android 4.4 I believe) Head Unit. I can select the entire drive and/or the Music folder as a library folder. The files on the flash drive were added in MMW using the "Send to --> Sync" option. MMA sees the flash drive, but nothing is added to the Library when it is selected. I have tested with internal storage and an micro SD card. In both of those cases MMA does add files to the Library. Navigating using the "Folders" method as suggested, MMA does see the tracks, but selecting one literally only plays for 1 second and then audio cuts out, but the track progress bar continues to count up.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
First you should update both MMW and MMA to Latest Beta. I have Dasaita PX5 Unit and have no problems to sync both over USB (Directly to SDCard) and Over my preferred WiFi (as soon as I park into Garage).

FYI, Handling of USB Drives is a bit vague due the fact it can take up to 3 minutes till HU mount it and I've seen in several occasions that it adds new Device ID that confuse MMA. In order to override it I prepared specific Sync settings so that Native Player Use MMW playlist order to play tracks I like.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts