cutout an specific spoken phrase repeatition from WAV a file

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

ferysery

cutout an specific spoken phrase repeatition from WAV a file

Post by ferysery »

there is an audiobook which CIA censored many names from the memoire, and the publisher pasted an exact audio phrase on the whole file repeatedly many times and listening to it is frustrating experience.
So I need to cut this 30seconds long warning phrase with a simple beep (or simply cut it out from the whole audiobook altogether ).
Can anyone guide me to how to do such task?
Thank you in advance.
Lowlander

Re: cutout an specific spoken phrase repeatition from WAV a

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey can't do this, Audacity may.
ferysery

Post by ferysery »

very strange, copying a 5second exact phrase into clipboard in a sound app and searching/highlighting of the existing instance of it within the wave file automatically/sequentially, seems not an impossible task to me.
I'm wonder why no one take care of it!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Lowlander suggested that you record/generate Beep (Usually 1khz sample audio) in Audio City and after you load problematic Audio Book Simply visually Paste your recorded Beep on top of it or simply visually cut out warning parts.

From what I know there is no cheap solution for audio sample recognition and search (at least not like it was presented on Movies and TV Series) and isolating Dog barks or gunshots is much easier as they are presented as spikes in Audio signals and to search these a serious AI search engine needs to be developed.

Shazam and other search services work on Audio fingerprinting AI engine and it is much robust than commercial products. Same goes for Voice recognition where unlike scanned text OCR I have not seen wide spread similar apps that will translate Audio file to text.

I hope this clears things up a bit.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
captain paranoia

Post by captain paranoia »

> very strange, copying a 5second exact phrase into clipboard in a sound app and searching/highlighting of the existing instance of it within the wave file automatically/sequentially, seems not an impossible task to me.

What's strange? That MediaMonkey isn't an audio editing tool? Well, it isn't; it's a media library and player tool.

lowlander suggested you try Audacity. That IS an audio editing tool. It's the tool you want.

As for it being easy, I'd echo Peke's comments. You think it's easy? Off you go and develop such a tool...
Peke

Post by Peke »

We may hope that it is easy it looks easy when you order Google maps/auto to make driving navigation as it connects to Internet and analyze your voice before end result is executed.

MM5 will have fingerprinting support so searching for track metadata should be easier. But as I said recognizing parts of tracks and auto overwrite looks like neither NSA or CIA do it as user initially noted
ferysery wrote:an audiobook which CIA censored many names from the memoire, and the publisher pasted an exact audio phrase
In theory it is very possible to do what wanted, but AI needs to be developed to decide and analyze such tracks and even then user needs to find and cut out sample that would be searched for in track.

All that looks something like this:
Best regards,
Peke
ferysery

Post by ferysery »

the replaced and repeated annoyance message , can be heard in the wav sample file via one of these these links:
http://ge.tt/1kQuPgp2
http://www.filedropper.com/1_149
The attached sample file is 2.5megabytes in size.
from 3rd second to 8th second of the audio, 5second duration, the following phrase said again & again;
"the following phrase has been redacted by the CIA's publications review board".
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
You need to edit files and Overwrite that phrase with BEEP each time it plays or do a ripple delete to cut out out phrase from file completely. I would add small beep just to know that something is censored. It should be clear cut and end result would be like this:
http://www.filedropper.com/censoredwav
Best regards,
Peke
ferysery

Post by ferysery »

HI
What is "ripple delete" and how to do so?
is there any way to do such a task automatically, to cut the phrase out and replace it with a short beep througout the whole long file?
just like what you did in your sample edited attached file?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Unfortunately no. At least I never encounter app (for a reasonable price) that can do that.
Best regards,
Peke