Syncing folders

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

stuarta

Syncing folders

Post by stuarta »

Hi guys,

So I've finally started to get round to using MediaMonkey on 3 laptops to keep them in sync with data from my Synology. A couple of questions if I may as I'd like to use this to move files to my cars SD card rather than manually moving.

Firstly, when I click on a album and tell it to send to the SD card at the moment it's copying the individual files to the route of the card whereas before I had them in Artist/Album format. Secondly, if I send a playlist to the card, it's making a folder called Music and then artist/album folder structure whereas I'd like to have the folder as the playlist name and then the files loose in that folder.

Does anyone know if either of the above are possible please?
stuarta

Re: Syncing folders

Post by stuarta »

Ok scrub the first one as I've fixed that now, just the playlist query.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Use <Playlist> in the Mask for the Destination which is set in the Device Profile (Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync).
stuarta

Post by stuarta »

Tried that but doesn't seem to work. I've created a playlist called Test and under Tools/Options/Portable Device Sync then selecting the device and Configuration/Options/Playlists I've entered \Playlist\ under the destination.

I've then clicked on the playlist, sent to device profile and it's created a new folder called %Q and then the tracks it's added them into separate artist folders. Ideally I'd like them as loose tracks inside the playlist folder which shows the name of the playlist
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You need to use it for the files Mask, not the Playlists Mask.
stuarta

Post by stuarta »

Ok thanks. Did that with \<Playlist>\<Track#:2> $Left(<Artist>,20) - <Title> and it moved them into the folder as per the playlist but didn't copy the m3u file but then messed up my main music for which I had the format of \<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Track#:2> - <Title> - <Artist>

I guess I need to have it as one or the other or keep changing depending on whether I want to sync an album or playlist
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It's a global setting per Type. You can try \$if(<Playlist>,<Playlist>,<Album Artist>\<Album>)\<Track#:2> $Left(<Artist>,20), but I don't know if that works.