64Bit Version ?

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

CathedralDreamer

Re: 64Bit Version ?

Post by CathedralDreamer »

May I add a point to this discussion?

I discovered the Mediamonkey database grew up to above 2.1 GB in size on my harddisk. Even after a reorganization of DB it still is 2.1 GB. When I try to add more files it refuses to take more elements into the DB.
The music list contains about 830 k entries.
I assume a problem in the DB Management, having 32 bit pointers.

is there anything I can do to fix that?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you run File > Maintain Library? If not try to run it with Complete optimization. You may want to make a backup of the database file first.

I doubt that 64 vs 32 bit has anything to do with this, the file size limit tends to come from the file system used. Which version of MediaMonkey are you using and are you saying that scanning for new files doesn't add them to the Library? Did you verify this with the Entire Library > Location node (enable under File > Manage Collections) by navigating to the folder the files are in?
jiri

Post by jiri »

We'd like to have a look at the DB in order to find out what can be done. If possible, please send it to me, it should has a manageable size when rared or zipped.

Thanks,
Jiri
CathedralDreamer

Post by CathedralDreamer »

Well, I rebuilt the database from the scratch and currently it works, even having a filesize of 2.01 GB.
I'll have an eye on it and will give feedback in case I find that issue reproducable.