Show name of currently playing playlist?

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Cienega32

Show name of currently playing playlist?

Post by Cienega32 »

Is there a way to easily show the currently playing playlist name in either the MM player or the 'Now Playing' window?

On the MM player after the "Track: info PL: n of nn" area or in the "List Edit Copy" toolbar would be ideal.

There are too many times, while playing a playlist, I'll be doing stuff in the media tree and need to return to the playlist in use but can't remember which one of dozens of lists is playing! Showing the playlist in use would be a timesaver!
Lowlander

Re: Show name of currently playing playlist?

Post by Lowlander »

No, there is no method to display that. You could leave a tab open with the Playlist you selected to play.
Cienega32

Post by Cienega32 »

I had tried that but was hoping for something more automatic. Also, more centric to the track playing data. Seeing the ability to read & display the track number and position in the "Now Playing" list ("PL: 2 of 20" for example) on the player, I thought it could be done.

Any possibility of that feature being added in the future? Something like the attached image?

Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
No, there is no possibility to show playlist name. For example I have tracks that are in few hundred playlists and there is no way that MMW would know from which one I have added track to Now playing.

As for Current Playlist position there should be a way to add it in Skin but that needs to be added manually on skin edit. But I think It would be easier to create small script that would Show position in Toolbar even it can be made that on click it would position Now Playing to the track.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Cienega32

Post by Cienega32 »

The 'Current Playlist position' is already on the player's skin. That said, MM appears to be aware of the playlist that was launched as evidenced by the list in the 'Now Playing' window and PL data (playlist position) shown on the player skin.

It would seem that filling a variable with the playlist name could be used and "painted" on the player skin much like the file type, rate and playlist position are (to look like the image I attached).

What you mentioned is the same here with many, many playlists containing a particular song. The goal was to avoid clicking thru so many playlists and matching the contents to the 'Now Playing' window that lists the contents of the current playlist while viewing other playlists.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey is currently not aware of the Playlist that has been added. The Now Playing is just a list of files to be played by the Player. A user can modify the Now Playing at will after adding a Playlist including moving files around, removing or adding files or Playlists. None of this affects the underlying Playlist initially added. Even when adding a Playlist it may have been added additionally to existing files in the Now Playing by the User.
telstar

How to display name of current "Now Playing" playlist?

Post by telstar »

Greetings & thanks for looking,

Is there any way to display the name of the current "Now Playing" playlist?

When you first load & play the playlist it is shown within the Playlist node on the left of the screen, however, when one starts searching or performing other actions, the highlighted playlist on the left can go off screen. Over several days of playing the same playlist, one can forget what the "Now Playing" playlist is.

I've searched around MM and haven't been able to find a method to show the active playlist; maybe someone can shed some light on the subject.

Thanks for your insights.

telstar
Last edited by Lowlander on Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
Telstar

Operating System: Windows 11 Home 64-bit, CPU: Intel Core i9 @ 3.50GHz Skylake Technology, RAM: 64.0GB
Motherboard: Notebook X170KM-G, Graphics: 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Storage: 931GB Samsung SSD 980 PRO-1TB, 1863GB Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus-2TB, 1863GB Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus-2TB
Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio (internal)