What's the magic trick to get Album Art?

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Mikey1969

What's the magic trick to get Album Art?

Post by Mikey1969 »

OK, I just spent the last week going through my music artist by artist, album by album on MM on my PC to clean up tags, fix what was incomplete, and fix album art. Now, every album I have also has artwork attached to it. I used 'Auto Tag From Web' and the 'Discogs Batch Tagger' plugin. It looks beautiful!

At least on my PC...

I just copied what I wanted to my SD card to put on my phone, where I am running MM Pro. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and then copied over the music, pointed to the right location and scanned for media. It finds all of my music, but about 40% of the albums don't have art. What gives? I used MM to fix all of my albums, and am using the same app to play them on my phone. If there's a compatibility issue, if I was supposed to save my art differently, why wouldn't MM do this correctly in the first place? This seems kind of pointless. The album art isn't just for looks, I use it to quickly find the album that I want to play when I am scrolling through the 50 GB or so of music I have.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Lowlander

Re: What's the magic trick to get Album Art?

Post by Lowlander »

You need to sync between MMW and MMA as otherwise you're relying on Android Media Scanner as MMA can't yet do this. MMW will sync metadata directly to MMA if you sync between them.
Mikey1969

Post by Mikey1969 »

OK, so for the best results, I really do need to sync these? Damn, seems like an extra place for things to go wrong, rather than just copying the files directly, but since I'm getting the issue, I would guess, that it's the best choice. Thanks for the tip!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, you'll also get more metadata this way and can sync Play History back to MMW.
Mikey1969

Post by Mikey1969 »

OK, hopefully the last followup. :-)

So when I sync, how do I keep from syncing all of my music? I have about 20 GB of stuff for my wife that I don't want on my phone. I've been avoiding this WiFi sync, just because features like that always used to be more gimmicky than functional. I'll admit that that is kind of a Luddite approach, but I got burned too many times in the past. So do I just connect the two, and then choose the music and then sync? Also, if I sync from the phone side, will it update missing data, or should I erase the card and start again? I do have plans to turn this into a whole home solution, so this is all a productive learning experience for me.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can select what is to be synced in the Device Profile Sync Selection. You can choose to sync a single file to your whole Library.
Mikey1969

Post by Mikey1969 »

OK, thanks again for all of your help. I will stop trying to avoid the 'Sync' feature. After all, this isn't Apple we're talking about, so I just need to relax and trust the software. :-)

Have a great day, and thanks again!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The Developers are there to help with any sync issues if you do encounter any.