Can't wifi sync to sd card [#14625]

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Jardtheninja

Can't wifi sync to sd card [#14625]

Post by Jardtheninja »

I recently had to reset my computer. I reinstalled MediaMonkey and was able to copy over my database and .ini files to restore my playlists and library. Before the reset i had been able to wifi sync to the sd card on my phone, and now whenever I try to wifi sync it only gives me the option to sync to the internal storage on my phone. I am not sure what to do to fix this issue.

I am using MMW 4.1.19.1859 and MMA 1.3.1.0745
Lowlander

Re: Can't wifi sync to sd card

Post by Lowlander »

Try to connect via USB. Then check if the Device Profile for the SD card is maybe disable (sometimes profiles are switched).
Jardtheninja

Post by Jardtheninja »

When I try to connect with USB, it freezes while syncing.
On the portable device page of the options, the SD card is checked for grant remote sync and internal is not. I can initiate a sync to the internal storage on my phone and it asks if I want to grant permission on my computer, so I don't think the profiles are switched. Also, when I let it start to sync, the files were being put in internal storage.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Try to disable for SDcard and enable internal, also try to completely disable one profile and enable other.

Alternatively you can delete both profiles and any other you do not use anymore and recreate on nex wi fi sync.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Jardtheninja

Post by Jardtheninja »

I was able to delete all of the profiles from MMW. However, when I try to do a wifi sync from my phone, there is no option to select the SD card, I can only sync to internal storage.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
As soon as you go thru that, go back (if needed), then tap on "..." -> About MediaMonkey -> Send LOGS -> Fill Description -> Remember LOG ID (to post it here) and press OK.

After Log is sent please write LOG ID here so that we can analyze and see what storage is available/visible to MMA.
Best regards,
Peke
Jardtheninja

Post by Jardtheninja »

LOG id: ISEC8TFHZ5
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Thank you, devs Informed. Someone will analyze and report back.
Best regards,
Peke
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Preliminary analyze shows SDCard is Read-Only Locked so I created http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=14625 for deeper analyze.

Can you please shred some details on device Make/Model/Android Version?

Also summing the info you provided, this looks like SDCard got corrupted (eg. Write fail) and was locked in Read-Only State. USB freeze also points to that assumption. Have you tried to Copy Music Manually thru Windows Explorer and is it finished successfully?
Best regards,
Peke
Jardtheninja

Re: Can't wifi sync to sd card [#14625]

Post by Jardtheninja »

I am using an LG V20 with Android 7.0.

When the sd card is in my phone, I can not see it or the internal storage in Windows explorer. When the sd card is plugged directly into the computer, I can see it in Windows explorer and I can copy files off of it. Deleting files or copying files to it look like they work, but when you remove and reinsert the card, you can see the changes did not actually happen. The card also failed to repair or format.

I tried a different sd card in my phone and the option to wifi sync was there, but it is too small to actually use. I am going to try to find some other way of wiping the bad sd card to be able to use again. Any suggestions on that front would be appreciated. Thanks for the help so far.