Timestamp 1 hr off.

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

musziqluvher

Timestamp 1 hr off.

Post by musziqluvher »

I am not sure if this is a recent issue or not because I just noticed it. I'm currently using MMW Gold 4.1.20.1863. I just DL some new music from Amazon. In windows explorer (WIN764b) the time shows up just as my system clock does. MMW, however, shows one hour earlier (DST). Is that normal?
MMW 5.0.4.2690 | MMA 2.0.0.1063

MM Remote 2.9 | Android 13
MMW Gold | MMA Pro
Win11 64b
Ludek

Re: Timestamp 1 hr off.

Post by Ludek »

I don't see this issue.
Remove tested tracks from the library and scanned them into library again (using 4.1.20.1863).
The "Timestamp" column shows the same values as in the Windows Explorer / Total Commander.
Tested on Windows 7, timezone UTC+1 (CEST)

Edit: Tested also with your time zone (UTC-1) and I still don't see the issue.
Could you please re-test by removing and adding the tracks into library to see whether you can consistently replicate the issue?
Also, my preusmption is that you originally DL the tracks outside of MM and scanned them into MM library later, right?
musziqluvher

Post by musziqluvher »

Yes. I have my MM setup to scan continuously so any changes are automatically updated.
I've removed the files in question from my library, re-scanned but still the same issue.

MMW Gold | MMA Pro
Win11 64b
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Tested also Win7 x64 and still cannot replicate.

1) Are you comparing "Date modified" column in Windows Explorer with "Timestamp" column in MM like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/68efmolxsf6ox ... 5.png?dl=0 ?

2) Is your time zone UTC-01:00 ? If not, then what is your time zone?
musziqluvher

Post by musziqluvher »

No. I was comparing date created, not date modified. I've never seen this happen before tho. It appears to be the method of download. Previously, I downloaded with Amazon Music. This time, I did a direct download of a zip file. The timestamp of the zip file is correct but the timestamp of the mp3s inside were an hour earlier.
Yes, I live in Germany. It's UTC +1.

MMW Gold | MMA Pro
Win11 64b
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

musziqluvher wrote:No. I was comparing date created, not date modified.
OK, but the Timestamp in MMW corresponds to Date Modified, so if you look at the Date Modified in the Windows Explorer, are the values same finally?

musziqluvher wrote:Yes, I live in Germany. It's UTC +1.
That's same as mine (I am from Czech Republic). Nevertheless I still cannot replicate the issue.
musziqluvher

Post by musziqluvher »

Ludek wrote:
musziqluvher wrote:No. I was comparing date created, not date modified.
OK, but the Timestamp in MMW corresponds to Date Modified, so if you look at the Date Modified in the Windows Explorer, are the values same finally?
Ahh having a duhh blondy moment here, hehe. Of course it would correspond to Date Modified, due to changes that may be made to the metadata. Yes. those times do match up. A long time ago, I disabled updating the date modified when updating info (inside MM and with the tag editor program I use) so this kinda shocked me when I checked it.

MMW Gold | MMA Pro
Win11 64b