Artist Not recognised in new setup

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

graemesr55

Artist Not recognised in new setup

Post by graemesr55 »

Hi. I've recently got fed up of iTunes and moved to MM4W. However one of the Artists has not been recognised and is not on the list that I can use to manually select. The Album is there but uses the song numbering. So I can see all the numbered songs of the album individually with the artwork. I have tried to rescan to try to get the artist included. There does not seem to be a problem with the album each side of it. How do I get the Artists name in the list so I can adjust this manually? Thanks.
Peke

Re: Artist Not recognised in new setup

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you make screen shot of iTunes Track properties and in MMW if you use "My computer" tree node to browse to folder that contain that artist tracks do you see the tracks and make that screenshot also?

It is common that itunes do not write track tags and then MMW can't recognize them correctly. in Newwer iTunes versions you need to export library manually using menu "File -> Library -> Export Library" and as destination put "C:\Users\<YOUR_USERNAME>\Music\iTunes\iTunes Music Library.xml" where on next scan of iTunes music folders MMW will allow you to import iTunes exported metadata.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
graemesr55

Re: Artist Not recognised in new setup

Post by graemesr55 »

Thanks. I have managed to clean up the various files over the last couple of days. It looked like iTunes was a bit messed up as well with quite a lot of duplicated files and various misspellings. All I did was to copy my iTunes music to a new folder and then get MM4 to read it. I found that you can overwrite the various parts of the property boxes and retitle as required.
Cheers. :D