[SOLVED] Showing Back Cover Art

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

greenhouse

[SOLVED] Showing Back Cover Art

Post by greenhouse »

Ver 4.1.6.1736 I have many albums showing the back cover art instead of the front cover art. I have started changing them but after seeing how many I have to do I decided to see if there is an easy fix. I have "First image per Album/Series" set to front.jpg which is the name of my cover art under the album folder. I have rescanned and still back cover is showing instead. I go into Edit Artwork for an album and it shows the front cover first then the back and sometimes next the cd art. I have to remove all except front cover for it to tag with front cover. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks.
greenhouse

Re: Showing Back Cover Art

Post by greenhouse »

I just downloaded new version. Still the same.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Is the Artwork already associated with the files prior to scanning? Is it embedded or external Artwork? What file names are in use if it is external Artwork?

You can change the sort order in the Properties > Artwork tab. However this would be a tedious job.
greenhouse

Post by greenhouse »

yes it is. I have tried many options under tools, artwork. cover.jpg . folder.jpg . cover.jpg,folder.jpg. The file extension is jpeg according to windows but when I input folder.jpeg in artwork it changes it to folder.jpg after saved.

It is both embedded and external in folder.

The filename for front cover art is folder.jpg or front.jpg. When I change the artwork in the center window showing all albums, it works at first then next time I start up MediaMonkey a lot of the albums revert back to the back artwork. A lot of time wasted going through albums changing them until I noticed that.

Strangely enough when I double click on an album showing back artwork in center section view the far right section view (Now Playing) shows the cover. So at least I got that going for me.

I've seen a few other people with the same issue but no way to resolve it. Why is this only happening to a few people while a majority of the people don't have this problem? I guess I'm just having some bad luck.
greenhouse

Post by greenhouse »

Forget it. VLC is showing the front cover album art so I'm just going to start using that
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It isn't clear what exactly you're doing. Artwork has always worked correctly for me in MediaMonkey when it comes to multiple correctly associated (named or embedded) Artwork.

First of all make sure you're up-to-date, current version is 4.1.19. Then make sure that in the Properties > Artwork tab you assign the correct order (front cover should be first listed Artwork) and that Artwork is assigned proper type.

I must admit that I personally only keep embedded Artwork when editing Artwork and remove all external Artwork.
greenhouse

Post by greenhouse »

I have it set to front.jpg . I have most current version. It nearly always displays the back album art and even when I change it it doesn't always show the change even after doing a rescan. The other strange thing is the album not showing art will sometimes also show unknown artist, but once I add the album art the artist then shows. What blows my mind is I seem to be the only one having problems with album art.
Meander

Post by Meander »

greenhouse,

I've had a similar problem myself in the past and fixed it by deleting MM's temporary image cache which forces a rebuild when next launched. Go to AppData\Local\Temp\ and look for any folders which begin MMCache (followed by a set of numbers). Delete them.
michaeldrouin

Post by michaeldrouin »

Sounds like a solution perhaps, but I'm afraid to try it. I have already re-tagged all the albums that showed the back album art. I worry that if I delete the metadata from the temp folders it will reload the back art again for all my albums. Not worth the chance considering I've already changed hundreds of albums. Thanks for the advice anyway.
greenhouse

Post by greenhouse »

I'm afraid to do that. I have changed hundreds of albums from back to front art. If I delete the files in the temp folders I'm worried MM will just do the same thing and load back art even for albums that have been corrected. The thing that really sucks is I went through a series of albums that I already tagged and half of them reverted back to the back cover art. What a waste of time.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Temp folders are safe to delete. The Artworks there aren't used by the files, only by MediaMonkey.
greenhouse

Post by greenhouse »

Holy crap. That kinda worked. It still shows back cover art, but at least now when I play the album it shows the front cover art. I know it is working in the background because sometimes I click on an album and it shows no cover art, but if I wait long enough it eventually shows the cover art. Before, if it didn't show any album art, I had to tag it. I'm starting to think that the one pane is suppose to show the back cover art. Thanks Meander & Lowlander!!!