Cannot sync playlists from Android to MMW

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Daboa

Cannot sync playlists from Android to MMW

Post by Daboa »

From my home PC, I've synced music and playlists to my Android. Now I'm trying to sync music and playlists from my Android to my work PC. The music is syncing, but not the playlists. In Options -> Playlists, I have "Sync playlists" checked. I have also tried including the directory where I have .m3u files on my phone in the sync operation, but that does not seem to help. I am syncing over USB (~20 GB). I apologize if I'm missing something obvious, but I would like my playlists to sync to my PC. Thanks.
Lowlander

Re: Cannot sync playlists from Android to MMW

Post by Lowlander »

Are the Playlists in MMA and did you enable to sync new playlists and files to PC in the Device Profile?
Daboa

Post by Daboa »

Lowlander wrote:Are the Playlists in MMA and did you enable to sync new playlists and files to PC in the Device Profile?
The playlists are in MMA. In the Device Profile, I have selected "Auto-Sync new files and playlists from the device to the PC."
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you check Playlists > Imported Playlists in MMW? Are you doing a wifi or USB sync?
Daboa

Post by Daboa »

Lowlander wrote:Did you check Playlists > Imported Playlists in MMW? Are you doing a wifi or USB sync?
I checked, but I don't have "Imported Playlists". It's a USB sync.
I suppose I could just manually copy my .M3U files to the appropriate relative path as a workaround...
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then I suggest capturing the sync for a new (never attempted to sync back) Playlist in a debug log (step 4b) and to attach the log to a Support Ticket: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=12&t=69