4.1.18.1852 update

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Richard127

4.1.18.1852 update

Post by Richard127 »

Since I just today installed MM 4.1.18.1852, album art tagging is taking ages to change and I'm right in the middle of updating over 80,000 tracks. Previously, removing 2 pieces of album art from an album (one in tag and one in folder) would have taken about 5 seconds. It's now taking up to 2 minutes, making it unusable. Anyone else having this?

Windows 7 home premium
Peke

Re: 4.1.18.1852 update

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I'm not being able to replicate myself and if you are experience that always please open support Ticket and supply us with log file as described at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69 so that we can see what is going on and why?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
TLD

Post by TLD »

I've had problems since 4.1.16.1836.
4.1.17 started having problems when I ripped CDs with Nero Burning ROM - it would cause MM to give an error when a watched folder had a new folder show up with incomplete MP3s. (It wasn't done writing them yet.) You could click OK for the error and continue using it - no problem.
As I thought I saw a similar bug report I didn't bother making one myself, but reverted to 4.1.16.

Now with 4.1.18, it actually crashed.
I installed the debug version, and it no longer crashes when ripping... of course... but randomly crashed instead when I did such things as switch tabs, add tracks to the playlist, ... you know; things you _rarely_ do with media players.

I have once more reverted to the older version, 4.1.16.1836, as it is stable. If it were a bug I could deal with it - but a crash complete with dump files? I didn't see anything in release notes that would account for such a drastic change!

If I'm asked to help I will... but right now, I'm not about to try posting bug reports as I did a few years ago when I was told I was the only one having a problem, only to have it fixed in the release notes two versions later when the "other people with the problem" showed up too. (That was for one of the last versions of MM 3)

- TLD
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

A debug log would be key to resolving this.

You may also want to run File > Maintain Library with complete optimization checked.