Initial Key

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

djadam12

Re: Initial Key

Post by djadam12 »

i was soooo hoping that this would be there when i upgraded to v4... :(

i already use mp3tag to move them into something that MM can see, but that's an extra step i'd like to ditch if possible.
djFLWB

Post by djFLWB »

Add me to the list of people who want/need this tag to be native. Seriously if BPM is there why not initial key?
ReverendEntity

Post by ReverendEntity »

I would also like to have Key and Keycode as field options. The key of a song is often just as important as BPM or Mood.
ReverendEntity

Post by ReverendEntity »

Also, if a user's files have this information in them from another program (Mixed in Key, Rapid Evolution 2 or 3, Mixmeister, Virtual DJ, etc.), why not take advantage of it? There are probably AutoDJ plugins that could use this info to improve the overall flow of a generated playlist.
soneil

Post by soneil »

Is this feature seriously still not in the program? I bought media monkey several years ago and when version 4 came out, it didn't support this field. I figured I wouldn't upgrade until it did since version 3 pretty much has everything I want except that. I thought that a couple of years later, surely it would be supported by now since it's becoming more and more common for people to use that tag (especially with the increase in popularity of mixed in key etc).

Is this feature really not added yet or have I just missed where it's mentioned?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It has not been added at the point.
Psythik

Post by Psythik »

Yet another bump. I was hoping to use Mediamonkey as an alternative to making crates in Serato. But without the ability to sort by Initial Key it's completely useless for me.

Does anybody know of a program that is essentially an MP3 & MP4 search engine for your desktop? It should search my entire hard drive for music (except the folders I exclude) and be able to search for and sort by Key and BPM.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Initial Key support is added into MM5 few versions ago ;) Finally
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
jeremyryan

Post by jeremyryan »

MM5? As of September 8, 2017, the current version is 4.1.17.1840. I still do not see the ability to sort by key. I use Serato to identify key and would love to be able to see that column in MediaMonkey.... any updates on this feature request?

+1 Another bump.
MediaMonkey_4.1.12.1798
Windows 10
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, it has been implemented in MediaMonkey 5 which is available as an Alpha release.
FLWB

Post by FLWB »

Any ideas how far out 5 is? Will the BPM tag be an accessible tag field? I've been waiting sooooo long for this one little feature.
"Without music life would be a mistake" Friedrich Nietzsche
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

What do you want with BMP, it is already an available field.

I'd think that MM5 is a long way away from a final release.
FLWB

Post by FLWB »

I've got 4.1.18 and I don't see BPM or InitialKey as a tag field. I DJ and had created a BPM category from one of the custom fields but that means some unnecessary copying and pasting using MP3Tag and would like Initial Key supported as a native editable tag field. If I had a field for this then I can repurpose that custom tag to something useful. :D
"Without music life would be a mistake" Friedrich Nietzsche
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Properties > Details has BPM and it's available as Column in the Details View, BPM has been in MediaMonkey since at least version 3. Initial Key isn't, which is why this thread exists, and it will be in MM5.
Peke

Post by Peke »

All fields are In line editable, BUT

MMW only support BPM and https://i.imgur.com/ViTb3RK.png

MM5 for now Support both BPM and INITIAL KEY https://i.imgur.com/B7nrELD.png . Energy would be great too like in MixedInKey https://i.imgur.com/kKBeAn2.png
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts