may i know which sort order does it use and if i can change?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

drughetto

may i know which sort order does it use and if i can change?

Post by drughetto »

Hi

may i ask what sort order does mm4 use when i send all my (for example ) radiohead albums to play?

i'm talking about Music tree-> Artist & Album artist

can i change it ? and how?

thanks
drughetto

Re: may i know which sort order does it use and if i can cha

Post by drughetto »

hi
maybe i was not clear
i mean does it sort when i click on the band , album and track number , for example -> a moon shaped pool -> and 1 ,2, e and other tracks and after for for example kid A and tracks number

i have tried and seems it sorts without an order and a random order

can somebody test and report please?
sorry for my poor english
thanks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It looks like you are sorting on Date > Artist > Title. Is that not the same sort you see when adding to the Now Playing? That seems to work here (using Play Last). So if you sort on Album (or Album Artist > Album) you'd get files in Album order.
drughetto

Post by drughetto »

Lowlander wrote:It looks like you are sorting on Date > Artist > Title. Is that not the same sort you see when adding to the Now Playing? That seems to work here (using Play Last). So if you sort on Album (or Album Artist > Album) you'd get files in Album order.
hi
but how can i sort for example album , album tracks 1, 2, 3, ,4 5, 6,and so on ?

i can't find any option in the preferences ?

i would like to sort artist , date , album and tracks can i ?
thanks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

On the Column Headers in the Filelisting. See the little arrows next to Title, Artist and Date, that is a sort order you've applied at some point. Click on the Album column header to sort on Album Artist (which automatically sorts on Album Artist > Album > Disc# > Track#).
drughetto

Post by drughetto »

Lowlander wrote:On the Column Headers in the Filelisting. See the little arrows next to Title, Artist and Date, that is a sort order you've applied at some point. Click on the Album column header to sort on Album Artist (which automatically sorts on Album Artist > Album > Disc# > Track#).
hi
can you please upload a screenshot?
thanks

i haven't any little arrows
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You did on the screenshot in the first post. Just click on the Album Artist Column Header in the Filelisting to sort on it.
drughetto

Post by drughetto »

Lowlander wrote:You did on the screenshot in the first post. Just click on the Album Artist Column Header in the Filelisting to sort on it.
hi
but this will sort only when i click on artist in the tree ? or it will sort even my playlist and smart playlist?

thanks Lowlander
appreciate your help
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Just that Collection, Playlists are not affected by sorting in Collections. Note that AutoPlaylists sorting can only be changed in the AutoPlaylist settings and Playlists require you to set the new sort for it to be the new sort.
drughetto

Post by drughetto »

Lowlander wrote:Just that Collection, Playlists are not affected by sorting in Collections. Note that AutoPlaylists sorting can only be changed in the AutoPlaylist settings and Playlists require you to set the new sort for it to be the new sort.
hi
about playlist (not playlist ) they have no option about sorting

thanks
yarguy

Post by yarguy »

For a regular playlist click on a column header (or headers) to sort as in any set of tracks. Then right-click on the playlist name; the first menu item should be Update Play Order. Choosing this will fix the current order as the normal, ongoing order for that playlist. If you add tracks to the playlist you will have to manually re-sort and re-update. You set the sort order for auto-playlists under the Advanced tab of the Edit Auto-Playlist form.

hi
about playlist (not playlist ) they have no option about sorting

thanks[/quote]