RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

kluv

Re: RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [M

Post by kluv »

ZvezdanD wrote:Did you try to turn off the "Only album covers stored in tags" option? If you turned it off, did you get removed links to external bitmaps in media files?
That did it. Works perfectly. Even added it into my batch to run automatically and it did it's job admirably.

One question, For the "Into:" and "From:" I selected "All Text Fields", does that matter?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

kluv wrote:One question, For the "Into:" and "From:" I selected "All Text Fields", does that matter?
The result will be the same, but it would be better if you use Title or some another field.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Feature requests:

1. Save searches (Find) - in Settings and Manage dialogs, at least for Manage. Maybe, as a dropdown menu for Find field.
2. Add "top" and "bottom" to scroll - in Settings and Manage dialogs, at least for Manage.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote:Feature requests:
I have put them in ToDo list.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

ZvezdanD wrote:I have put them in ToDo list.
Thanks! that would be such a nice touch :D

It would also be awesome if you could, somewhere down the road, also add those to MagicNodes.
But for RFR next would be great. :)
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
😜
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Feature Request:

Make the description dialog field capable of being moved down from home position by pressing enter (also can press enter from end position).
It would be nice to be able to input notes/custom descriptions with good separation if also wanting to keep the original descriptions in custom presets.
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote:Feature Request:

Make the description dialog field capable of being moved down from home position by pressing enter (also can press enter from end position).
It would be nice to be able to input notes/custom descriptions with good separation if also wanting to keep the original descriptions in custom presets.
I am not sure that understand what you are talking about.

You cannot press Enter in the Description field because it is a hotkey for default button in dialog box. However, if you want to get separation between lines in the Description field in the Tune dialog box and the adjustment dialog boxes of presets, you should use the "•" character when entering text in the Description field of Preset Settings dialog box instead. There are many presets that have description using that character to separate blocks of text.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

ZvezdanD wrote:You cannot press Enter in the Description field because it is a hotkey for default button in dialog box.
Are you saying the description field is dual purpose: 1. to provide a description 2. needed to make an aspect of the hot-key functionality work?

I can already create separation by putting the cursor at the beg. of description and dividing my info with "-", "•", etc.
I just thought it would be nice to create a little more of a break. Although, I guess that would also make the INI section a nightmare, no?

Anyway, I get that what I want can't be done.
Thanks
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote:Are you saying the description field is dual purpose: 1. to provide a description 2. needed to make an aspect of the hot-key functionality work?
No, I am saying that the Enter key is reserved as the hotkey for one of the command buttons in the Preset Settings dialog box (if I remember correctly, it is the Find Next button). So, when you press the Enter key, it is the same as if you click with the mouse on that button, no matter which control in the dialog box is active.

The another reason why you cannot have the new line characters in the strings of preset settings like Description is because each preset is stored as single line in the INI file.
MMFrLife wrote:I can already create separation by putting the cursor at the beg. of description and dividing my info with "-", "•", etc.
I just thought it would be nice to create a little more of a break.
I think you didn't understand my explanation. Here is the Description of the "Parse <From Field> using specified mask" preset:

Code: Select all

This preset could modify two or more fields at once! It allows parsing of fields/tags using masks like those in the Auto-tag from Filename dialog box.••If Parsing mask is ""<Artist> - <Album>"" and source field is ""Pink Floyd - The Wall"" -> Pink Floyd (Artist) and The Wall (Album).••Destination field could be any one except All Text Fields, e.g. Title, but you cannot see the preview in the Preset Settings dialog box anyway.
Here is what you see in the Tune and adjustment dialog boxes:

Code: Select all

This preset could modify two or more fields at once! It allows parsing of fields/tags using masks like those in the Auto-tag from Filename dialog box.

If Parsing mask is ""<Artist> - <Album>"" and source field is ""Pink Floyd - The Wall"" -> Pink Floyd (Artist) and The Wall (Album).

Destination field could be any one except All Text Fields, e.g. Title, but you cannot see the preview in the Preset Settings dialog box anyway.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Is it possible to pad the preset numbers (1-99) in the INI to get them to line-up better?

1 - 9 = 001, 002, 003...009
10 - 99 = 010, 011, 012...099
(stays the same) 100, 101, 102...and so on.

Would that just mess things up?
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote:Is it possible to pad the preset numbers (1-99) in the INI to get them to line-up better?
Yes, I think it is possible. I will look at it.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Is the Options setting "confirm execution of preset...", when unchecked, supposed to apply to both single and batch presets?
Currently, it seems to only apply to single presets.
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote:Is the Options setting "confirm execution of preset...", when unchecked, supposed to apply to both single and batch presets?
Currently, it seems to only apply to single presets.
If you do not want to get the confirmation dialog for batch presets you need to uncheck both "Confirm execution of preset" and "Show dialog box for adjusting of preset". I don't know, maybe I should remove that second condition?
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

ZvezdanD wrote:If you do not want to get the confirmation dialog for batch presets you need to uncheck both "Confirm execution of preset" and "Show dialog box for adjusting of preset". I don't know, maybe I should remove that second condition?
hmmm...I don't know.
If you also uncheck the "show adjustment dialog..." it takes away both confirmation and adjustment dialogs for both types of presets.

I'm confused as to what "adjustment dialog options" have to do with batched presets, since batched presets wouldn't manifest any
of them (adj dialogs), anyway, even if some of them are included in a batch. Also, adjustment dialog presets don't even have confirmations, unless the adj dialog
acts as a kind of confirmation substitute.

If you removed the second option, what action would it cause?
Ideally, I would like to have the adjustment dialogs show for single presets they're relative to
and have presets that show a confirmation not show it (single non-adj and batch presets).

Would it be possible to have a separate option that would cause "not showing" adj dialogs, if one desired?
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote:adjustment dialog presets don't even have confirmations, unless the adj dialog
acts as a kind of confirmation substitute.
Right, if you have both options enabled and if you have single preset:
1) you will get the adjustment dialog if you have some custom tag inside preset or if you have <From Field> or <Into Field> in the name of preset;
2) you will get the confirmation dialog if you don't have anything mentioned in the preset.
MMFrLife wrote:what "adjustment dialog options" have to do with batched presets, since batched presets wouldn't manifest any
of them (adj dialogs)
Since the batch presets do not display the adjustment dialog of any of included presets, it could be a problem if I remove the second condition and make the script that don't show any confirmation dialog because maybe some user don't know that fact. Such user will expect to get the adjustment dialog box, but it will get the preset immediately executed without any chance to cancel it. With the current implementation one would get at least the confirmation dialog displayed.