Anyone use "FastStone Capture"?

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

MMFrLife

Anyone use "FastStone Capture"?

Post by MMFrLife »

If so, when you use the scrolling page capture feature does it capture "only" the page and not the web browser frame with it?
When I use it, it always captures the browser in addition.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
GeraldB

Re: Anyone use "FastStone Capture"?

Post by GeraldB »

I have Windows 7 and the free version of FastStone. It works the same for me as you describe. Copies everything on the screen when scrolling, including frames. In addition the scroll function does not work well for me; the resulting copy has horizontal gaps and/or lines in it. However it works great for copying selected areas of the screen so I've used it often and for several years.
Can't afford a signature.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Ok, thanks for confirmation!
Windows 7 here, too.

I have used capture progs before that don't do that. I would be willing to get the pay version (free version is discontinued) if it had the option to capture only the page itself.
My problem is I can't get throught to their support. I've emailed them several times, and nothing. I've checked my spam folder every time, and nothing. :roll:
I'm wondering if their support is either dead or under construction. Can you do me a favor and email them with a simple/just curious natured question about
the same issue, just to see if they reply? If you don't feel comfortable doing that, no worries.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
😜
Peke

Post by Peke »

I switched to Hypersnap the the same issue.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
GeraldB

Post by GeraldB »

Sent email. No response so far, but will post here if I get something. Maybe the discontinuance of the free version is a sign that we should switch to HyperSnap.
Can't afford a signature.
Peke

Post by Peke »

For Me HyperSnap was worth my money.
Best regards,
Peke
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

GeraldB, huge thanks!!
That's a shame. I really love the small utility-like size of it, combined with the ability to record.

Ok Peke, you got my attention with Hypersnap :wink:
I downloaded it, but only tried for a few moments. I'll try to get back to it to test more.
Does it do screen record? I'll have to look deeper at it.

It's very interesting with a lot of features.
The price is a bit steep at $40. I was hoping for something around $20 or less. 8)
😜
Peke

Post by Peke »

It doesn't record video, but it contain basic image editor, supports layouts. Huh, was long time ago when I bought it. Unfortunately from my personal experience every good application is expensive. Few examples, VueScan https://www.hamrick.com/reg.html , PrimalScript https://store.sapien.com/p-338-primalscript-2017.aspx or The BAT! https://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/ with AntiSpamSniper http://www.antispamsniper.com/ that for me they repaid their price at least hundred of times.
Best regards,
Peke
xbroski

Post by xbroski »

I tried both faststone and hypersnap, and i can say hypersnap serves me better.
Peke

Post by Peke »

xbroski wrote:I tried both faststone and hypersnap, and i can say hypersnap serves me better.
At least now I do not sound like marketing guy that wonts to sell you something ;)
Best regards,
Peke