How to Search for ...? [#14294]

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

MMFrLife

How to Search for ...? [#14294]

Post by MMFrLife »

How to search for "album is not live"?

I'm searching within an album artist's catalog.
I set to search in "file list"
I only want all tracks that "do not" have live at the end of the album name to show
There are some bonus tracks on the studio albums that are live. I don't want those to show.

I tried several things that don't work.
Why does album:-live not work?
If I add album artist's name to it Jimi Hendrix AND album:-live it works!
But I don't want to have to change the artist's name every time I move to searching within another artist's catalog. :-?
The fact that I'm searching within the file list would seem to make including the name unnecessary.
Is there something that would work in Advanced Search, with easy access each time I change to "transistion smoothly" from artist to artist?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Lowlander

Re: How to Search for ...?

Post by Lowlander »

MMFrLife

Re: How to Search for ...? [#14294]

Post by MMFrLife »

Ok, thanks for adding to Mantis! :D
It'd be so simple and smooth to just use album:-live (actually, I use "lv" as live indicator but same principle. I just wanted
to relate it to what most people do with live)

I'll have to try it later, though. I don't have it in front of me right now.

Just to be clear on the logic,

ex. #0
The example you had before with the vowels, is that to say since some form of positive is needed,
those letters are a good "generic" one, being most common and likely to show up somewhere"?

ex. #1
Again, unfortunately a positive is needed, so if your albums "happen" to not have a rating or one of "0", you could try that as a generic?
...and if not, try something else similar in principle?

Is that the logic of the positives in your examples?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
😜
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You currently seem to need some value to search for (include) before you're able to exclude results. And Rating:0.. seems to include all Ratings, thus matches all files listed, then album:-live is your exclusion option only filtering Albums with live in the Album title.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Ok. Yeah, some weird behavior. But that seems to work for now.
I hope this gets fixed in the next beta. :wink:

Thanks again! :)
😜
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Has this been fixed yet? I haven't noticed anything on it with the recent betas.
😜
Peke

Post by Peke »

Not yet, I'll escalate it.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Thanks

The latest beta says there are 5 fixes but the Mantis view only lists 3.
What are the other 2?

Can this please get fixed at least by the next stable 4.1.18?
Last edited by MMFrLife on Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
😜
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That may indicate that they have reopened those bugs for further fixes (so they no longer have their fixed status).