MM Cloud

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

MagGyver

Re: MM Cloud

Post by MagGyver »

I'm not aware of any way to set up Google Music as a drive letter destination on a Windows machine. If there's a way to do that, I'd love to know.
DJ Maggie
MM user since 2005
MMW5, MMA
linktr.ee/djmaggie
Claude4

Post by Claude4 »

Come on guys, it's been years since the last major update for MM. :roll:
deremder

Post by deremder »

This upnp/dlna proxy may solve some of your requests: http://www.bubblesoftapps.com/bubbleupnpserver/
I didn't tested it.
mattd850

Post by mattd850 »

Maybe the ability to sync to Dropbox, Onedrive, Google Drive, SFTP, SMB shares, etc. Include a database and a client (preferable OS agnostic) that saves playcounts, position, ratings, etc. But I think it should remain the way it is, a separate program used to manage media, not some gimped cloud only solution.
shuck

Post by shuck »

Ideally i want the server to run MM and connect to it for management purposes from my main PC using MM client. I stream to devices such as my PI and muzo cobblestone over DLNA/UPNP which works a treat and keeps my play/skip counts up to date. I've tried various things such as storing the database on the network but it's always ended badly. I love the MM feature set but it's seriously becoming dated in terms of it's UI and architecture.
This. I have no idea why one of the most requested basic features has been repeatedly ignored. I'm tired of the workarounds that take 15 minutes to set up every time I install MM on a new computer that almost always result in client errors or worse, database corruption. I can do that or manage countless duplicate databases across multiple clients which is a waste of time, storage space, and worst of all, requires me to update each one individually.

The forums keep blaming the use of SQLite as the reason for poor network database implementation. Well, then write a simple server app or switch to a more robust implementation of SQL. As a very long time MM purchaser and user, the fact that 8 years after I started using this product, the network model is still basically the same is very frustrating. There are hundreds of threads about this, multiple Wiki and FAQ entries about it, and even more off-site discussions.

If MM5 doesn't include this functionality, I will not buy it.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Significant improvements in this area are planned for MM5.

Jiri
doublecouponday

Post by doublecouponday »

Ive submitted my findings on storing the MM installation directly in the cloud. You might like to read it: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=87444
TulsaMJ

Multiple Computer Use

Post by TulsaMJ »

For many years, I have had a computer at work and a computer at home, and wanted to use both of them with my MediaMonkey library. We live in a cloud-enabled world now, and I've copied my entire library to Dropbox - which means that now I can play my library in both places, but there are a few puzzle pieces missing, and I'm not sure there is a real solution:
  • As far as I can tell, although I can sync things like song titles and lyrics, there is no way to sync play counts and "last played" dates. I am almost always listening to a playlist which rules out songs recently played, so this means that sometimes I hear a song at work and then go home and hear it there too.
  • I shouldn't have to recreate my auto-playlists on every new device. I realize there is a complicated backup/restore process that can be done, but why can't there be a "playlist configs" file that I can put in my Dropbox and synchronize playlists just like I synchronize tracks?
Maybe there is some way to do this that I haven't found yet, but they seem to me to be pretty significant omissions. Back when this software (which I love, BTW, and have paid for!) was originally built, these weren't even questions that could be asked. These days, they certainly are!
jiri

Post by jiri »

We plan to have these things in MM5, hopefully coming soon...

Jiri
ishmaelen

Post by ishmaelen »

Any progress on this nifty wanted feature?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
MM5 is in alpha stage and already support few major Cloud services.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
bentbiker1959

Cloud storage

Post by bentbiker1959 »

Is there any move at all to offer cloud storage? I have MM gold and paid the fee for Android upgrade but sync just will not work. Our wifi is too unreliable even sitting three feet from the modem. Uploading to OneDrive (which I pay for for work) is cumbersome and I don't even know if it will then play the music on my phone without yet another app. MM is great. I have tried every music organizer out there it seems but always come back here because it is simple and it works. This is the missing link for me. 😎
Lowlander

Re: Cloud storage

Post by Lowlander »

Try USB sync if wifi is too unreliable. MM5 (in alpha testing) has cloud storage capability, but I'm not sure what the plans for MMA are.