File view window not refreshing on paste.

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

PeterCM

File view window not refreshing on paste.

Post by PeterCM »

MediaMonkey 4.1.16.1836

If you paste media files directly into the file view window they are not displayed immediately. You have to click somewhere else on the file location tree and then come back to the folder you pasted the files into before they are visible.

The paste operation works fine, it is just the window is not refreshed after the paste.
Peke

Re: File view window not refreshing on paste.

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you please let us know exact steps and MMW tree so that we can investigate. Meantime you can always use F5 to refresh view.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
PeterCM

Post by PeterCM »

On further testing I have found that this is only an issue sometimes so it might be difficult to find the exact steps required. So far it seems to work if you are pasting multiple files. I will report back after more testing.
PeterCM

Post by PeterCM »

I have some updated information on reproducing the issue.

1. The problem only occurs with cut and paste, not copy and paste. Copy refreshes the window after every file is copied.

2. It does not matter if you right click/paste on the destination in the location tree view or the target file window.

3. The problem is easier to reproduce if you are cut/pasting between two tabs. Have the destination selected in tab 1 and the source selected in tab 2. Perform the cut in tab 2 and then switch to tab 1 and paste.

4. If you are cut/pasting between two tabs the problem also exists on the directory you cut from. After you cut and paste the file is still displayed in the source directory until you force a refresh.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Are you using Library nodes or My Computer tree nodes for tabs 1 and 2 or both?
Best regards,
Peke
PeterCM

Post by PeterCM »

I am using the location tree on both tabs. The music has been scanned and added to the library. I am not using the my computer node.

In one part of the location tree I have my new unsorted music. This part of the tree is seleted in tab2. In another part of the location tree I have my correctly taged music collection. This is visible in tab1. When I have sorted out the tagging on an album in the new music section I cut it, switch to tab1 and paste it into the correct place under the music collection.

Using two tabs means I don't have to scroll up and down all the time.

The problem becomes apparent when you add files to a directory that already has files in it. I have folders in my collection for storing odd music files that are not part of a complete album e.g. a folder called "Dance Music" for odd dance music songs and a folder called "Classical" for odd classical music files. It is when I paste files into these folders that the refresh problem becomes visible.

Note that the problem does not require two tabs to reproduce. It occurs when you only use one tab as well, although in this case you can't see that the file is not being removed from the source directory because you have navigated away from it. When you return to the source directory it is refreshed and the file no longer shows in the directory.
PeterCM

Post by PeterCM »

Here is an easy to reproduce example of an auto-refresh not taking place.

Under the location tree start with a directory with some files in it.

Next perform an auto-organize that moves the files into sub-directories with a mask something like this:
Destination: .\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Track#:2> - <Title>

You will see that even though the file move has taken place successfuly all the files will still be visible in the parent directory. You can double click on these files to play them, or delete them etc.

Press F5 to force a refresh and all the files will correctly dissapear from the parent folder. It should not be necessary to manually perform a refresh after using auto-organize.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
It is somehow way to undo things. I find it useful when I mistake in organizing.
Best regards,
Peke