Android Auto features [13575, 13643]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

zombiefly

Re: Android Auto features

Post by zombiefly »

please see here for the ongoing debate on the google community forums around browsing album/artist.
https://productforums.google.com/forum/ ... qee_d_IAqs

Do you think you will be implementing this feature anytime soon? as it currently stands i'm having to use MD player with AA instead of MMA as I can browse folders. This is no use really as it's not updating my play stats :(
MM5 latest [Gold] / MMA latest | OnePlus 8 PRO | Noise I make: Pushkin on Soundcloud
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

update: rocket player has now implemented browse by artist, album artist, genre, year etc. in latest beta

Finally this Android Auto makes some kind of sense. I can now browse by these categories from the head unit, which means my phone is now in it's little tray and no longer mounted on the dash.

Looking forward to some positive news about MMA doing the same! ....pleeeeez, think of my STATS! :)
MM5 latest [Gold] / MMA latest | OnePlus 8 PRO | Noise I make: Pushkin on Soundcloud
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

noticed a new MMA version updated on my phone. still no change in AA, lacking features to make it usable.

I find this lack of feedback/assistance disappointing, the suggestions haven't even been acknowledged. Meanwhile other player devs are fully supporting AA and adding features to make it work in a sensible way :(
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi Zombiefly,

Sorry for the lack of a response. Typically if there's a good idea on the forum that I don't have time to analyze, I'll tag it with a 'heart' and then review it and spec the feature when we're working on the release that we hope to include it in.

In any case, we are listening (albeit passively until now), as we work on the various items that we considered to be higher priority. We'll respond in a more meaningful way once we've reviewed the feedback vs what's possible in AA.

Thanks for all the feedback and hopefully for understanding.

-Rusty
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

thanks for the response
the AA experience as a whole is great for me (shouting commands at the car is actually very cool!) :)

its just frustrating having to use another player in my car due to a lack of some really basic features... hopefully it won't be too much work to add them. I never like moving away from my MM ecosystem :)
Peke

Post by Peke »

We are hoping that too, as like you said shouting at your car head unit is nice and can be stress relief ;)
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rusty

Post by rusty »

zombiefly

Re: Android Auto features [13575, 13643]

Post by zombiefly »

thanks for the update.
it says Fixed in build 1.3.1.698, has that been released yet?
rusty

Post by rusty »

It's fixed in an internal build, but that build isn't yet released. If you're subscribed to the beta, you'll see it there first.

-Rusty
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

rusty wrote:It's fixed in an internal build, but that build isn't yet released. If you're subscribed to the beta, you'll see it there first.

-Rusty
gotcha. i am using beta so eagerly awaiting :)
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

hi guys!
tested new version and it's great to have the new artist/album lists! :) :) :)

i noted one thing that would make the feature complete, which other players such as rocket player have and that's a "shuffle" option at the top of each list...
so, if you went to "albums" > "An album" > "Shuffle All" it would then shuffle all tracks from that current position...
this works really well if you browse
"artist" > "U" > "U2" etc.

what do you think? it seems like this would be very easy to add?

The only other option would be to stop the safety feature locking the menus... here's why..

get in car at 8am
me: "great, the media monkey guys have fixed the menus!"
wife:"oh cool"
<start car, set off>
me:"try it"
wife: click
MENUS LOCKED FOR SAFETY
wife:"HUH?"
wife:"THIS IS STUPID"

:(

in my opinion, this should be an optional feature. I would really appreciate the ability to disable this.

It also doesn't seem to honour the "6 clicks then lock" policy of google, but to be honest that doesn't really make much difference anyway.

thanks for this though. i can now remove these other players from my phone :)
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi Zombiefly,

To answer your suggestions:
- Re. 'Shuffle' I think it's a useful idea and we'll look into adding it.
- Re. safety features: they're controlled by Google/Android auto (based on legal requirements/geography/etc).

btw, build 699 has a few more Android Auto fixes (you can see the details in Mantis).

-Rusty
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

great!
thanks for the update rusty!
ggibby

Post by ggibby »

As far as my searching reveals, this is the most current thread for MMA/Android Auto.
Please move if necessary.

Feature/interface request:

Album Name text in track display.

Currently (AA 2.8.574513 ; MMA Pro 1.3.1.0743)
the Title and Artist are displayed center screen
with the album art as the background.

Looks great, but just a bit more information would be better.

Thanks for an excellent product,

-G
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

Agreed. Also it would be good if clicking the album name would play the album