User Interface Inconsistency on Delete

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

PeterCM

User Interface Inconsistency on Delete

Post by PeterCM »

Media Monkey 4.1.15.1830

When working under the My Computer node i.e. working directly with files and folders and not the library there is an inconsistency.

- If you select a single file and press deleted you get a confirmation popup before the file is deleted.

- If you select a directory and press delete the folder and all its contents are deleted immediately without any confirmation.

Surely you should also get a confirmation popup on directory deletion. Otherwise the popup on file deletion should be removed (deletion sends the files to the recycle bin so you can undo the deletion.)
Lowlander

Re: User Interface Inconsistency on Delete

Post by Lowlander »

PeterCM

Post by PeterCM »

The default behaviour in Windows 8, 8.1 & 10 is to not show the system deletion confirmation dialog on folder deletion.

See: http://techdows.com/2015/02/make-window ... ialog.html

Personally I would rather not see the file deletion dialog. Perhaps MediaMonkey should have its own option to enable or dissable deletion prompts and not rely on system wide configuration options.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I personally would want to see this. It's too easy to end up removing files by accident.