[SOLVED] Sync always has to wait for other back operations

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

rlpowell

[SOLVED] Sync always has to wait for other back operations

Post by rlpowell »

Ok, not quite *always*, but, uh, let's say 9 times out of 10, when I hit sync on MMA, I am told that "Sync is waiting for other background operations to complete". If I let my phone go dark, this will happen every time, it seems, although I am less certain of this. The only way I can find to actually sync reliably is to get to the "sync is waiting" screen and tap my phone occassionally to keep it awake until sync starts, which takes 5-10 minutes.

This is rather annoying. Help?
Lowlander

Re: Sync always has to wait for other background operations

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMA and Android and are you also using an external memory (SD card)?

Is the loading circle shown at the left top when this happens?

Post by Guest »

This was also with my leelbox with android 6.01. I changed to a q10pro himedia Smartbox with android 5.1.1. Since I disabled the function to change metadata on the device, vice versa, I haven't had this problem again (nearly 12000 songs on a Samsung 128GB stick).
rlpowell

Post by rlpowell »

MMA 1.3.0.0684 , but this has been true for every version I can remember, certainly every version in the last 6 months.

Android currently 7.1.1, but again it's been this way for ages.

I do not use an SD card.

The loading circle is typically showing when this happens. It is typically showing nearly 100% of the time.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Send a debug log from MMA (from About screen) and respond here or in a Support Ticket with the logID. This was addressed in MMA 1.3, but apparently is still an issue on your setup.
rlpowell

Post by rlpowell »

Thank you.

VXUZXRKI3V
bhiefer

Post by bhiefer »

I do see that there is long synchronization with deep verification of all data. This can occur when
1. playback of some track fails. Do you have some tracks failed to play ?
2. short data management service failed so deep verification was started. But the log is not long enough to see it.

I will create a special build for you to find out more...
rlpowell

Post by rlpowell »

I'm not aware of any tracks failing to play.
rlpowell

Post by rlpowell »

bhiefer wrote:I do see that there is long synchronization with deep verification of all data. This can occur when
1. playback of some track fails. Do you have some tracks failed to play ?
2. short data management service failed so deep verification was started. But the log is not long enough to see it.
About that second one: I use other media programs via bluetooth, with heavy use of media keys, and MMA *REALLY* likes to grab any media key signals it sees, it's very annoying. As a result, to use my other apps I have to force stop MMA. This is so routine that I have a tasker task that does it automatically.

So, if a force stop could cause this, then that's what's going on. Unfortunately, I don't have a choice right now, as the only other option is to accept that in the middle of reading a book or listening to a podcast, when I hit the pause button instead of the book pausing MMA will start playing along with the book, which is totally not awesome.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Make sure you don't have "Always respond to remote buttons" enabled in the MMA options.
rlpowell

Post by rlpowell »

Lowlander wrote:Make sure you don't have "Always respond to remote buttons" enabled in the MMA options.
As far as I can tell, that option makes no difference to my situation, but it's been a while since I ran without auto-kill.
bhiefer

Post by bhiefer »

I have found the cause. There are really strange paths in your MediaStore DB that causes failures of background services. So I have workarounded that and it is fixed in build 691.
rlpowell

Post by rlpowell »

:D :D :D

That's great! Confirmed fixed, thank you so much!
brutal

Re: [SOLVED] Sync always has to wait for other back operatio

Post by brutal »

I'm having this same issue after re-installing MM.

I do have external SD on Lollipop 5.0. It had always worked fine. A few weeks ago, playlists stopped working. While trying to remove/add the library folders, MM (I believe) permanently write protected my SD card. I put in a new (128GB) SD card and restored all the SD card data from a PC backup. I re-installed MM. MM would not complete showing the media library/folders or allow a playlist build. I deleted all the media and resync'd. After one sync, it doesn't allow playlists, or show the media folders and is stuck on this waiting for other background...

I just sent debug logs from my registered email addr. UAT1ZMZ1FT

Thanks.
brutal

Re: [SOLVED] Sync always has to wait for other back operatio

Post by brutal »

Reformatting the SD card again and uninstall/install MM didn't help.

I ended up doing a factory reset and MM appears to be behaving now.