using iPhone as player

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

markeh

using iPhone as player

Post by markeh »

If I right click on the MM volume control, I can select different players.
On my installation, I can choose the internal player (which plays on my window's system) , my Yamaha RX-1050 audio receiver, and all three of my Hopper/Joey boxes from my satellite TV provider.

The internal player is the default. The Yamaha is a DLNA player, and if MediaMonkey is running, the Yamaha sees it, including all MM directories and all playlists. Works great.

I did nothing on the MM end to make it appear as a player, but it seems to work fine from this direction also. If the Yamaha is turned on, selecting it from the MM end causes audio to play on the Yamaha.

I have no idea why the 3 Hopper boxes appear or how they would be used.

What doesn't appear is my iPhone, which has several DLNA apps installed.

Does anyone know how to make the iPhone appear??? This would let me use MonkeyMote to play on my iPhone, perhaps through one of the DLNA players

thnx,

Lowlander

Re: using iPhone as player

Post by Lowlander »

The App would need to allow to be controlled and advertise itself on the network for this to work.

However, it sounds like you want to use your iPhone to play content from MediaMonkey on DLNA Speaker. An App like BubbleUPnP (Android) can do this. If it isn't on iOS you'll need to find an equivalent App.