[Minor] Update overrides settings

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

frankk-de

[Minor] Update overrides settings

Post by frankk-de »

Dear team,

when updating my MediaMonkey installation to the newest version using the download on the official setup, the setup overrides my settings in the Auto-Organizer. I am using MediaMonkey in portable mode. I was using a quite sophisticated destination pattern with a lot of conditions, which is all gone now. It would be great to have a setup routine that doesn't touch user settings when overriding an existing installation!

Cheers,

Frank
Lowlander

Re: [Minor] Update overrides settings

Post by Lowlander »

Did you install the update as Portable too? I haven't seen this using a Portable setup as well.
frankk-de

Post by frankk-de »

Yes I did.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Are you sure that you installed it to the same portable folder?
The settings persists within [MM Install Folder]/Portable/MM.DB (in table OrganizeRules) and I don't see a reason to override it.
Are you saying that _all_ your settings is preserved except for the auto-organize rules??

But maybe your DB got to a malformed state for some reason.
You could try menu > Tools > Maintain Library... > Optimize database (complete)
to fix this. Or share e.g. DropBox link to your MM.DB and I will check whether the OrganizeRules are there and whether the DB is OK.

Thanks!