Lyrics and Comment Viewer 2.2 (2011-04-24) [MM3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

tj_only@hotmail.com

Re: Lyrics and Comment Viewer 2.2 (2011-04-24) [MM3+4]

Post by tj_only@hotmail.com »

Love it! Downloaded this a while back, but never really played with it until just now.

A few items for the wish list:

1) Edit feature - The interface is excellent. I just wish I could double-click to edit the lyrics (e.g., to clean up the Lyrics Fetcher html garbage). If that is not possible, then right-click to "Edit Lyrics" (similar to the "Lyric and Comment Viewer").

2) "Apply theme now" - While editing "Tools > Options > Lyrics Viewer", it would be nice to be able to see/apply the themes instantly, rather than forcing the user to OK, which closes the dialog. It's annoying to have to "select, OK (close), reopen dialog, select another, OK (close), etc." to view the available theme options.

3) Launch "Lyrics Fetcher" - Via right-click, or button, or menu.

4) Launch "Lyricator" - Via right-click, or button, or menu.

Post by Guest »

Whooops!
If that is not possible, then right-click to "Edit Lyrics" (similar to the "Lyric and Comment Viewer").
What I meant was that if it's not possible to implement an editor, then you could mimic the features within the "Art & Details" window, which provides a "right-click" option to "Edit Properties..." and a double-click feature to open the Properties dialog and navigate to the Lyrics tab.
LarvePutride

Post by LarvePutride »

Hello, I wonder if it is possible to customize your addon showing a particular field instead of words or commentary.

For the info I would like to create a personal tag naming the how Biography for lyrics or comments. I wish there is the possibility to show me in your addon. Thank you.
Seabottom

Post by Seabottom »

I really like this lyrics viewer, it's so much better than the in-built one.

However, I'm kinda missing the ways to choose between song lyrics.
Would it be possible to make the lyrics show in a prioritized order like this:

1. New track starts playing
2. Select/click a song

With this I mean that if a song is already playing and I want to view the comments/lyrics for another song while the current one is playing, I can just click it to view but as soon as a new song starts to play, the lyrics should show for that song instead. I think maybe there should be an "override button" so that it would prevent from auto-changing during playback, as it might become an annoyance close to the end of a track.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Go to Options>LyricsViewer> and look in the box on the lower right called Behaviour.
Seabottom

Post by Seabottom »

I've been there before I posted the other post and confirmed that it doesn't do what I want it to.
You can have it show the current playing song all the time, or the selected song all the time, but never in-between.

I know the mixed mode is what you wanted to suggest but it doesn't do it either. You have to actually stop the song to view another lyric by selecting it.
You didn't understand what I wanted, you just glanced at my post. Read it again.
jsoto1685@gmail.com

Post by jsoto1685@gmail.com »

I don't seem to be able to undock this window. Using MM 4.1.11
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

jsoto1685@gmail.com wrote:I don't seem to be able to undock this window. Using MM 4.1.11
What did you try?
There are 3 main ways to do it:

1. If title bar is enabled > click on the X
2. View > uncheck Lyrics Viewer
3. If already enabled from Options, click on toolbar button

[EDIT] I may have misread what you are trying to do.
Are you trying to undock to disable it or just to move it?
To move, make sure Title Bar is enabled and drag&drop from the far left portion of the bar.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
jsoto1685@gmail.com

Post by jsoto1685@gmail.com »

this is what my interface looks like. When I try to click to try and turn the title bar on i get the menu you see.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/9B1txiz.png
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

You can't do it by right clicking the panel.
Go to Tools > Options > Player > Lyrics Viewer > make sure "Hide panel titlebar" is unchecked.
You should be able to move it from anywhere on the title bar. Far left, as mentioned above, is for some elements of MM.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
😜
doane2u

Post by doane2u »

I had no problem installing it and I have it up in the right hand corner with the title bar. I can select a song and every one I select it gives me the same, "There's no lyrics in id3v2 tag" and you can "search using Google," which works, but doesn't solve the problem. I have re auto tagged from MM and it shows that it has found everything, but the lyrics still don't show.

Please help, thanks,
Media Monkey Gold 5
Windows 10 Home 64x
MB Gigabyte Z590 UD AC w/ Intel core i5-11600k 3.9GHz 6 core
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB DDR4-2600
Video EVGA GeForce GTX1660 TI
Audio Sound Blaster Z SBX Studio
C: Samsung 980 1TB M.2 NVME SS
E: SATA Western Digital Black 1TB (to be replace with a Samsung 980 1TB M.2 NVME SS)
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

I've used it for years and I don't think it's ever worked to retrieve from within the script.
You are retrieving lyrics with MM and they show in MM properties, but don' display in L&CV?
Are the lyrics still in properties after you exit MM and reopen?
😜
doane2u

Post by doane2u »

Sorry, I'm not too sharp on all of this.. I guess the lyrics are not in the tags, I didn't know that. Does one have to copy them in manually each time you want them in a song's tagg? I thought the plugin would somehow show them automatically.. do you have to click on the link to Google each time you want to see them?
In Music Bee it pulls them up automatically if they are available; I guess it is pulling them up from the web?
Media Monkey Gold 5
Windows 10 Home 64x
E: SATA Western Digital Black 1TB (to be replace with a Samsung 980 1TB M.2 NVME SS)
doane2u

Post by doane2u »

OK, I think I figured it out. Under Options --> Library --> Metadata Lookup, I needed to have the search and save missing lyrics automatically checked. If I select an album now and do a auto tag from web now it adds lyrics, but do I have to do that with each album? Is there a way to have it add lyrics to all the titles in my collection somehow?

And, is that maybe not a good idea, does it cause any problems in loading the music files, or storage, etc?

Thanks,
Media Monkey Gold 5
Windows 10 Home 64x
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

You can retrieve them from MM's art and details pane by clicking on lookup lyrics link.
You can also set them to be retrieved automatically by configuring in MM > Options.
It will bring it into the lyrics tab of properties and should automatically sync to tag. Either way, after, L&CV should show them.
But, I don't think it will work from directly in the add-on. The auto from options only adds when it plays a track or you click on it.
Mass lyric tagging can cause overload problems.
😜