error loop of "'A' is not a valid integer value" [#13310]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Barry4679

error loop of "'A' is not a valid integer value" [#13310]

Post by Barry4679 »

I often needto terminate MediaMonkey using the task manager as it gets into an endless loop displaying an error dbox saying "'A' is not a valid integer value"

I did report this bug some time ago, but may not have supplied steps to reproduce.

There may be more be a more simple path to reproduce, but this is how it regularly happens for me:
* View: Show Art with Details. Open the artist album node, and navigate to an artist with quite a few albums
* Open a second tab. View: Show Art. Show Column Browser. Sort the view by Rating (ie. numeric)
* Return to the first tab, and the loop will start. If the first tab had been positioned at, say, "Miles Davis", the repetitive dbox would be complaining that "M" is not a valid integer.

On some occasions you only have to "OK" the dialog box a couple of time and the cycle stops. But if the left or right hand side has a lot of entries (not sure which) the cycle seems endless, and you have to terminate MediaMonkey with the task manager.

Let me know if you can't replicate, and I will try and refine these steps. ... It happens to me several times every week. :)

I am running the latest, ie. 4.1.12.1795
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Ludek

Re: Endless error loop of "'A' is not a valid integer value"

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
I remember that we were solving this in the past, but we haven't been able to replicate the issue and see the right reason for the issue to fix it properly.

Trying it now and I cannot replicate it again.

Some questions:
- in the first tab, is the column browser also visible or hidden?
- which are the exact columns and their order in the column browsers on both tabs?
- if you use a debug build then I guess that it should popup with crash report to submit it, did you submit it? I don't see any submitted crash log from build 1795 for today.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

<<< I don't see any submitted crash log from build 1795 for today.>>>

You should have some now.

I found that I could trigger the error without the column browser, but that way the series of error dboxes ends reasonably quickly. I press OK a few times, and it ends and I can continue. With the column browser open it seems to last forever, so I have to end MM with the Task Manager.

The work around is to (if I remember) deselect the filter in the column browser before changing tabs, so that nothing is selected. I get a error dbox, or two, but not the endless loop of them.

I neglected to mention that I also always have the Art&Details control open.

Here are some images from the last series of dumps which I produced. I have overlaid the View menu so you can see what is open. The 2nd "right" image shows where I was before triggering the error loop. I triggered it by selecting the other tab (the Amon Duul II one)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104 ... 20side.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104 ... 20side.png

I have the 2nd tab view sequenced by Rating. It may not be relevant, but I have no ratings. I just use this column as a workaround to the MM shortcoming (as I see it) that it is not possible to display the grid of album art without the images be broken into clumps (eg. by Artist or by Genre, etc) ... Since all ratings are unknown there is just a unified group.

Also the Art&Details control is open as I have re-purposed BPM & Season# fields to contain play count and date last played for the album as a whole.

Thanks for looking into this frustrating situation.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Thanks,
I have got 5 crash logs from you with all the detailed info I needed (callstack etc.)

Based on the logs I was able to fix it as http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=13310

Although I am unable to replicate it, is quite clear what the problem was from the logs.

Also I added one important step to "Steps to Reproduce" :
1) Go to Options -> Media Tree -> Music collection -> Columns -> [x] Enable grouping (album art views)
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Ludek wrote:Based on the logs I was able to fix it as http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=13310
Although I am unable to replicate it, is quite clear what the problem was from the logs.
Surprised that you couldn't replicate, as I couldn't make it go away.
1798 does fix it Thanks so much.
Ludek

Re: error loop of "'A' is not a valid integer value" [#13310

Post by Ludek »

Thanks for confirmation of the fix!
wazzer1508647

Post by wazzer1508647 »

Hi, I raised this issue originally and whilst an original fix recommended did seem to work I have the issue back. I see you have done a fix, when will it be launched as an update please?

Paul
Peke

Post by Peke »

Update should be online if not redownload and install 4.1.13.1801
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
wazzer1508648

Post by wazzer1508648 »

Hi, downloaded the updated but tracks still sticking in a loop on an ad-hoc basis. The version loaded is 4.1.13.1801
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
reopened for further analyze.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

The user Barry4679 confirmed the fix.

The wazzer1508647's issue seems another one (which I don't see raised in this forum thread).

@wazzer1508647: Where you raised it? I guess it was not the "'A' is not a valid integer value" exception, right?
If it isn't, you should open another thread for the another issue.
Can you describe the symptomps and attach logs: Items 4a or 4b here http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=6&t=341 (based on the symptomps)

Thanks!