Sync to Galaxy S7

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

teejayuu

Sync to Galaxy S7

Post by teejayuu »

Hi

Have recently got rid of Apple (iTunes for Windows and iPod) which I've used since the year dot, and moved to a Samsung G7. Had a look around for a replacement and chose MediaMonkey as it has both Windows and Android applications as I want to sync my phone with my library.

Have got rid of the iPhone structure on my laptop and all my audio files are in C:\Users\<name>\Music\Artist\Album\01 Title. On my phone I have a Music folder on my SD Card.

The sync setup seems quite complicated after iTunes with so many options. All I really want to do is transfer my music from my laptop to my phone and synchronise any changes between the two, whilst preserving and updating the playcount.

Is this possible, and if so can someone let me know/point me to a tutorial on how to do it?

Thanks
Tony
Lowlander

Re: Sync to Galaxy S7

Post by Lowlander »

Default settings and using MMA should get you there: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... oid_device
teejayuu

Post by teejayuu »

Thanks Lowlander.

Just a couple of questions.
1. I have discovered one of the problems that are stopping syncing properly: there are some characters (/, ? ") in my <artist>, <album>, <title> that are unsupported in Windows. I have found the <folder> and <file> variables which how I want to sync, however <folder> shows as Users\Tony\Music\Artist\Album. How do ! change this to just \Artist\Album?
2. Each album has a folder.jpg for album cover. Can I sync so that the folder.jpg is embedded into the track, but not copied to my device?
Thanks
Tony
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) Unsupported characters should be removed from filenames when using tags as masks. Are you finding that isn't the case? <Folder:-2> will likely do what you seek: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... ormats/4.0
2) Yes, the Device Profile has settings on how Artwork should be synced and it can be embedded on sync.