Unable to get upnp to work at all

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Patrickt333

Unable to get upnp to work at all

Post by Patrickt333 »

I have an HTC Android M One 8 running lollipop (5.1.1). Mobile app version is 1.1.3.0554 and desktop version is 4.1.11.1783.

Whenever I try to do either a sync or a UPnP connection from the mobile app, I get an endless search icon. I changed the port to 8080 just so I would have a consistent port and I've made sure that MM is using the correct interface. When I start MM for Windows, netstat -rn shows that the system is listening on port 8080. If I fire up wireshark on that interface and ping that IP (or telnet to that port) from another machine on that network, I can see packets arriving on port 8080 but nothing ever responds. The same thing happens if I do this from a command prompt on the phone itself. I see packets arrive, but no response.

However, when I fire up the mobile app, it enters perpetual search mode and I never see any packets of any sort arrive from the phone, as if it's not really searching at all. I don't see any way to manually set the sync server settings, so I'm at a loss here. Please let me know any suggestions you have and, yes, I did search the forums several times before posting.

ETA, the mobile app says I still have 7 days left on my trial, so it's not a "the free app doesn't support it" issue.
Last edited by Lowlander on Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to correct Forum
Patrickt333

Re: Unable to get upnp to work at all

Post by Patrickt333 »

After reading through the troubleshooting docs again, I suspect that UPnP is not support/functioning on my wireless system. I have a Cisco 2504 Wireless Controller with two attached 1140 APs. I've enabled multicast, but I've not found any way to directly enable UPnP on this system. If anyone has ever done that before, I've be appreciative of the help.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You could try with another DLNA/UPnP App on your phone. Also make sure both client and server are on the same network (sometimes wireless networks are separate) as DLNA (auto-discovery) only works on the same network.
Patrickt333

Post by Patrickt333 »

I'm not sure I have another one to try. Apple TV works, but I assume it's using Bonjour rather than UPnP. I can't even get this thing to sync with a cable, so I'm getting pretty frustrated with MM right now. I think I will try official support, because I would likely buy it if it worked as advertised.