1691 -- sync bug? [#11844]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Theace26

1691 -- sync bug? [#11844]

Post by Theace26 »

I am using v4.1.0.1691(portable install), upgrade from version v4.1.0.1629 (portable install), win7 (64bit), syncing to Galaxy S4 GPe, v4.4.2, android beta build 224 (w/ pro license)---
*Wired sync through the USB cable* (Wireless syncing of metadata seems to work just fine)---

I have some auto sync options setup --
- Sync random subset of selected files....
- Sync higher-rated tracks...
- Reserve 1.5GB of free space
- Delete other files playlists....
- Confirm Deletion...
I have the genres from my library selected that i want synced.

The issue is that in build 1629, when i would hit the Auto-sync button it would create a list of files and that list would have somewhere in the neighborhood of 1600 to 2200 files and copy those over and convert as needed.

When i went to refresh my music on my device with the new build 1691, I haven't changed any options just installed over into the same directory, when i clicked the auto sync button, and it goes through the motions, "preparing a list of files" the number is 34000+--- my entire library! which is not going to fit on the 10gb of storage available in my phone.

2 questions:
- is this a bug, i didn't see this exact issue in the forums when i searched. I may have not got the search syntax right.
- if not a bug, what is going on?

My solution is to use the portable 1629 build to sync to my phone, then use the 1691 build to keep the metadata updated, via wireless sync.

Thanks for your time.
Xerxes
Lowlander

Re: 1691 -- sync bug?

Post by Lowlander »

Make sure you only have a single Device Profile (for each memory), if that's the case make sure what you selected to be synced is only those files you want synced (not accidentally selected a whole Collection or Playlist with lots of files).
zimbo

Post by zimbo »

I use MediaMonkey 4.1.0.1691 Release with my iPhone 5s (IOS 7).

I try to sync my video playlist to my device. In this playlist are some videos in mp4 Format 1280 x 720. Only this videos 1280 x 720 are not sync, i. e. ABBA - Happy New Year.mp4 (Format 1280 x 720)

There comes a screen with:
There was a problem synchronizing the following item(s):
Problem
File D:\ABBA - Happy New Year.mp4 is not supported by the device

This filename / titel doesn't have a space between "....Year.mp4"

If i sync this videos in mp4 Format 1280 x 720 with the CopyTrans Manager Software there is no problem with my device and all the mp4 1280 x 720 are sync and play on my iphone.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

zimbo wrote: There was a problem synchronizing the following item(s):
Problem
File D:\ABBA - Happy New Year.mp4 is not supported by the device
Hi, this is related to supported format settings, go to iPhone -> Options -> Auto-Conversion -> Set Formats
and there you can edit which formats are supported by the device. You can set max. resolution / fps etc.
One of these criteria doesn't match the file criteria therefore the file is considered as unsuported.
To find which video criteria doesn't match use File Properties -> Details page.
Let us know which criteria it was so that we could eventually improve/update the default profile for iPhone 5.

Thank you.
zimbo

Post by zimbo »

Thanks for your great and fast support.

Excuse my bad english. In your postet path

iPhone / Options / Set formats /

I choose the format MP4, MOV, M4V; V: H.264.
There I go to Video and change the setting of "Profiles" up to high.

Now it syncs perfect.

Many Thanks
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Theace26

Post by Theace26 »

Lowlander wrote:Make sure you only have a single Device Profile (for each memory), if that's the case make sure what you selected to be synced is only those files you want synced (not accidentally selected a whole Collection or Playlist with lots of files).
I haven't changed anything. Except installed 1691. The device profiles where all the same. I did 2x check them though.
So the question then becomes, how do i select the files for the "sync random subset of selected files.." option?
Correct me if i am wrong but the way it seems to work in build 1629 is that you just check the collection in the top left window and it uses that; or you can narrow your choices in the adjacent window.
Which is what i was doing, excluding audio books, etc. under genres. The process was pretty straight forward, logical and intuitive.

Again, In build 1691 when i follow the same steps, the process wants to copy my library wholesale to my SD card.

Has that process/logic changed for build 1691? If so, how does it work now, what are the steps?
Because the program seems to have changed, in this situation.

Filling my device with random songs is a fantastic/must have for large collections. One loses track of some of the music one has in their collection.
This feature was one of the compelling reason in my purchase and continued support of MediaMonkey.

I am currently doing a fresh install and scan of my library.

**edit:: Fresh install still does the same thing.

**edit 2:: I feel a bit embarrassed by this, but it seems that in the end it works... the text on the info bar was changed from (xxx of xxx copied) to what it is currently. Which i wasn't expecting, it threw me off. My issue is moot. Carry on ole chaps!
<:-D
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi, I guess it was changed by this http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=11187 where MM had a problem to estimate how many tracks will fit on the device after the auto-coversion.

So I guess that the bug here is only visual, that MM actually shows more tracks on the progress bar than will be finally copied, right?
Theace26

Post by Theace26 »

Ludek wrote:Hi, I guess it was changed by this http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=11187 where MM had a problem to estimate how many tracks will fit on the device after the auto-coversion.

So I guess that the bug here is only visual, that MM actually shows more tracks on the progress bar than will be finally copied, right?
Yes that is what it seems to be doing. When the actual process of copying happens. I never noticed the bug that is mentioned in that report.
It seems to be just visual, with the incorrect informational output on the status bar.
The files that are being copied, still seem to be random.

(Scroll to the bottom of the image-- it's underlined in Red)
here is a pic of build 1691http://imagebin.org/291362
here is a pic of build 1629 http://imagebin.org/291363 (preferred format)
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

jltray

Post by jltray »

This is very helpful information:

To find which video criteria doesn't match use File Properties -> Details page.

It told me exactly what I needed to select in the selections to allow my video to copy to a device.
vierasse

Re: 1691 -- sync bug? [#11844]

Post by vierasse »

Yes, this information just helped me solving a similar issue. The external tool "MediaInfo" is great for listing even more details of a video file, by the way.

I'm just wondering, why is it not possible to leave this supported formats section empty, since it then says "unkown (all formats)", which implies (at least to me) that no checks are active and any video file will be synced ?