Monkey Rok 6.2 - Updated 06/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

gpzbc

Re: Monkey Rok 6.2 - Updated 06/07/2014

Post by gpzbc »

You can add the MonkeyRok toolbar buttons to the toolbar to easily turn it on and off.
--
The gpzbc
testyquesty

Post by testyquesty »

trixmoto wrote:Ok, I'll take a look.

Hi trixmoto have you found out yet what causes this? I'd love to send you a screen shot of this problem as it effects not just the rated tracks played but also the genres played. If you know a way can, please PM me thanks.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

dypsis wrote:If I close a MonkeyRok section using the 'X', do I have to go into Tools > Options > MonkeyRok Settings > More (2) to open it again?
If so, then it would be better to remove the 'X' from the interface.
gpzbc wrote:You can add the MonkeyRok toolbar buttons to the toolbar to easily turn it on and off.
Great! How do I do that? And which buttons do you mean?
Barreltje

Post by Barreltje »

Hello,

I recently discovered MonkeyRok. A great way to find additional information about artists and songs.
But after a lengthy test I have a couple of questions.
1. Most of the skins won't work with the latest version of MonkeyRok (6.2). The only one that does all the jobs for me (including the statistics) is the classic-tabs skin. Or am I doing something wrong? I am using the Metro M skin for Media Monkey and that MonkeyRok skin doesn't show any statistics.
2. Like already mentioned by other users, selecting the option to include the current album in the "Albums by"-tab has no effect. The album is not listed.
3. I have tried Foobar 2000 for a while. But I prefer Media Monkey. Foobar 2000 however has one great feature, namely displaying album info from Last.fm for the current album (if available). So far I haven't discovered how to get that managed in Media Monkey. Since MonkeyRok uses the biography info from Last.fm, it would be a great addition if there could be an extra tab with "album info" directly imported from Last.fm.

Thank you for a nice piece of work. I hope you will continue the further development.

(my native language is Dutch) :)
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

dypsis wrote:
dypsis wrote:If I close a MonkeyRok section using the 'X', do I have to go into Tools > Options > MonkeyRok Settings > More (2) to open it again?
If so, then it would be better to remove the 'X' from the interface.
gpzbc wrote:You can add the MonkeyRok toolbar buttons to the toolbar to easily turn it on and off.
Great! How do I do that? And which buttons do you mean?

You can either turn MR on/off from the "View" menu. Or you can with this toolbar button shown below.
Hope that helps.

--
The gpzbc
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Thanks for the reply, gpzbc, but what I meant was that if I close a section of MonkeyRok, using the 'X', I have to go into Tools > Options > MonkeyRok Settings > More (2) to open that section again.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Ah, I see. Sorry.
--
The gpzbc
SirEel

Post by SirEel »

Rather than use the 'X' (delete), click on the Tab description to open/Minimize that section.
bjoerns

Post by bjoerns »

Hi trixmoto

The Video Panel is broken, because Google/Youtube cancelled support for Youtube API v2. Could you migrate as described in https://developers.google.com/youtube/v ... tion-guide?

Kind regards
Björn
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@testyquesty - ???

@dypsis - once the panel has been removed, how else would you expect to be able to get it back? I don't mind adding another method if you have an idea.

@Barreltje - there's a bug with the statistics at the moment, so maybe that's the problem you're seeing. Third party skins might get out of date, but I aim to ensure all the included skins work with each release. I also try not to break stuff for skinners, but sometimes it's inevitable with new functionality and/or fixes. I'll have a look at the current album issue. Pulling through additional information from Last.Fm shouldn't be a problem - are there particular fields that you're interested in?

@bjoerns - ok, I'll try and get this sorted in the next version.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Barreltje

Post by Barreltje »

trixmoto wrote:@testyquesty - ???

@dypsis - once the panel has been removed, how else would you expect to be able to get it back? I don't mind adding another method if you have an idea.

@Barreltje - there's a bug with the statistics at the moment, so maybe that's the problem you're seeing. Third party skins might get out of date, but I aim to ensure all the included skins work with each release. I also try not to break stuff for skinners, but sometimes it's inevitable with new functionality and/or fixes. I'll have a look at the current album issue. Pulling through additional information from Last.Fm shouldn't be a problem - are there particular fields that you're interested in?

@bjoerns - ok, I'll try and get this sorted in the next version.
Thank you for your reply,
I'm especially interested in some written background information about an album. On the Last.fm page you can find it under "About this album". That would be a great addition to the already excisting information via Monkey Rok.
For instance: http://www.last.fm/music/The+Alan+Parso ... In+The+Sky
Unfortunately not many albums have background information in Last.fm. :(
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

I wonder if the MonkeyRok images aspect ratio could be flexible instead of square. :roll:
satourne

Post by satourne »

Hello,

Could you say to us what is the content of MonkeyRok.reg ?

Thank you ...
Aff

Internet Explorer version

Post by Aff »

Hi trixmoto

Monkey Rok dosn't work when MediaMonkey is forced to use newer IE versions.

Normally, IE 7 is used by MM and scripts. The problem with this is that some websites need a newer IE version, i.e. some web radios.
So I had to force MM to use the current IE version by adding a registry key:
Re: ActiveX Browser Version [#7383]

Could you please have a look at this. Theoretically it should be enough to add a doctype where needed to ensure compatibility.
bailso

monkeyrok 6.2 external panel

Post by bailso »

Hi,
I have tried to use an external panel for new releases and am getting the message "No Lastfm username specified". I do have a Lastfm account and am logged in.

Also, is there a user manual for Monkeyrok as such.

Thanks and regards,
Last edited by nohitter151 on Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with addon thread