streaming wav files with xbox360

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

davidledave

streaming wav files with xbox360

Post by davidledave »

Hello everyone,
I'm using mediamonkey with my xbox 360. Everything is going nicely until I've wanted to listen to my music stored in .wav and .flac.
It doesn't read, a circle with a crossing bar is dsiplayef next after the song title. Only MP3 files work.
I've been looking for the conversion rules options in my xbox 360. I've got MP3, WAV and WMA in supported formats.
And a rule with unsupported format transcoded in wav.
I've been searching in the forum some answers but I'm still "replyless".
I'm using the last version (4.1.5.1719) of mediamonkey in standard version (not gold).
Hope I've been clear, I'm not familiar with english.
Thanks for any help. I've tried many programs that manage my music lybrary and mediamonkey does it very good!!
Lowlander

Re: streaming wav files with xbox360

Post by Lowlander »

davidledave wrote:I've been looking for the conversion rules options in my xbox 360.
I presume you mean you looked in MediaMonkey in Media Sharing what conversion rules you've set for the Xbox?

Have you checked which formats the Xbox supports?
davidledave

Post by davidledave »

Hello,
Thanks to try to help me.
Audio format supported by Xbox 360: MP3, WMA and I suppose WAV but in the conversion rule I've indicated MP3 and WMA for the supported format.
A conversion rule for FLAC files to WMA and oh I just realize (when tipping the reply) that I didn't made a conversion rule for the wave files to WMA...
I try this a soon as possible and give a brief to all that.
Thanks to you I get my eyes open
davidledave

Post by davidledave »

Hi,
I've set a conversion rules from .WAV to .WMA and il doesn't works :-(
I've checked which formats the Xbox 360 supports: MP3, WMA, WMA Pro. So I set 2 conversion rules. One for FLAC files to WMA and the other WAV to WMA
I need some help please.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Do FLAC to WMA files play on the Xbox? Have you tried WAV to MP3?

Post by Guest »

Hi,
I've tried FLAC files to WMA , it doesn't work. FLAC to MP3 doesn't work too and it's the same with WAV files to MP3.
I think there's something to do in the parameters of supported files. Anyone has his xbox360 streaming wav and flac files with mediamonkey? I'll be helpful if someone tells me how he congigures the audio files supported by the device.
Thanks for any help.
Goodbye
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Anything to MP3 should work as MP3 is universally supported. Do note that if you set custom conversion settings for a client that it overrides the general conversion settings for the server. If custom settings are disabled for a client the global server settings will be used.

I suggest you capture the failure to play in a debug log (step 4b) and send it to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=20&t=69

Post by Guest »

Hi,
Thanks. I'll do a report bug then. I've checked the custom conversion settings for my xbox 360.
But what I don't understand is when I use windows media server to stream my music, my xbox360 plays the wav files!? That's why I think I made something wrong in my settings.

Let's see after the report bug.