How do I use MM as a player over DLNA

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

inFUZE

How do I use MM as a player over DLNA

Post by inFUZE »

Hi I have read the http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... ervers/4.0 and I am able to use MM as a renderer, however I would like to know how to use it as a player so I can play to other devices on my network. I am using MM 4.0.7.1511.
nohitter151

Re: How do I use MM as a player over DLNA

Post by nohitter151 »

You must upgrade to MediaMonkey 4.1 in order to use the "Play to" feature.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
inFUZE

Post by inFUZE »

Thank you.
inFUZE

Post by inFUZE »

I am now able to choose a device to play to, but nothing plays. I know I had this working previously. I am able to play to my devices over wifi using WMP 12, just not with MM. Can anyone help me? Thanks.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey, what clients and what file types (check any conversion rules in the Media Server settings in MediaMonkey).
captain paranoia

Post by captain paranoia »

In a similar vein, I've just tried to play to a UPnP device. The only change I made to my existing PC-based installation was:

Tools/Options/Player/Choose Player/UPnP-DLNA Renderer
select the DMR device

When hit 'play', this did indeed play the track to the remote DMR.

But, having played it, it then stopped, and didn't auto-advance to the next track, as it does when playing to MediaMonkey Player.

I'm sure it's just a simple option setting somewhere, but I've compared the obvious settings for each player, and cannot find it...

Suggestions welcome.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No option, it should always advance. Which version of MediaMonkey?
captain paranoia

Sorry, I just came back to update my post to add that...

Win XP SP3 Build 2600.xpsp_sp3_qfe.130704-0421

DMR is UPnPlay, running on Android 4.0.4 (which auto-advances for other DMCs)
captain paranoia

Okay, scratch that. Just tried playing to UPnP Monkey on Android 4.2 tablet instead. It just advanced with no trouble...
Trying UPnPlay DMR on Android 4.2 tablet... Aha. No skip to next...

Looks like a problem with either UPnPlay.

Shame, because it otherwise works very nicely, staying 'alive' even when idle overnight, then playing immediately.

Tried XBMC DMR on Android 4.2 tablet. Skipped to next. But then all hell broke loose, with the Android 4.2 tablet playing two things at once (current MM playlist on XBMC and something it had been playing a few days ago on UPnPlay), and the Android 4.0.4 tablet playing something it played a few days ago (UPnPlay).

Very weird; looks like MM 'next track' made all available UPnP DMRs start playing.

Admittedly, I have got multiple DMRs running on the tablets, but Kinsky has never done that...

Tried playing the same track, and that next track advance didn't cause a problem...

ps. thanks, as always, for the very quick response.

Whoa! It's just done the 'set everything going' again; two tablets playing 'Sinead OConnor/Thief of your heart' in sync, and one playing 'Pet Shop Boys/Go West' at the same time... Three different DMRs, too... UPnPlay, UPnP Monkey & XBMC. Fsacinating.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

captain paranoia wrote:Whoa! It's just done the 'set everything going' again; two tablets playing 'Sinead OConnor/Thief of your heart' in sync, and one playing 'Pet Shop Boys/Go West' at the same time... Three different DMRs, too... UPnPlay, UPnP Monkey & XBMC. Fsacinating.
Yes, as that's a missing feature many are looking forward to.

I suggest capturing a debug log (step 4b), where possible for the different issues (and players/devices) and send them to support for developer analysis: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=20&t=69