How to get MM Server running on XP SP3

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

captain paranoia

Re: How to get MM Server running on XP SP3

Post by captain paranoia »

> The 2 are seen for those that updated from 4 to 4.1. Only 1 is required.

Hmmmm... That suggests my attempt at a 'clean install' wasn't clean enough if it knows I've upgraded. I might have to look into the nooks and crannies a bit harder and destroy all the remnants before reinstalling.
captain paranoia

> I setup XP rig for testing and could not replicate issue.

Thanks for investigating. The problem is very reproducible at my end, sadly...

I'd appreciate it if you could document, or point me at the exact sequence you used to install on your XP test rig, so I can follow it to the letter to make sure I'm not doing something stupid. I'm assuming your test rig is similar, with windows firewall and an internet modem / wireless router.
captain paranoia

Just to close the loop.

I never got this working, and without further feedback, I gave up on it, and switched my attentions to debugging WD's MyCloud installation of Twonky, which I finally succeeded in doing (succinctly; it doesn't seem to like spaces in the shared folder names MyCloud insists on creating, not surprising on a Unix-based system).

So I've abandoned all thought of using MM's server for the forseeable future. I may have another look in future releases.
d9amic

Post by d9amic »

Hey Captain,

I also have a WD My Cloud and have struggled with some aspects of the installed Twonky media server. Would you care to share what you have learned through your debugging efforts?